FM3 + FC12 = OMG15

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Is there a specific number for the bank upper limit so the increment continues up?
The upper limit is the integer value of the number of presets / bank size if you want access to all presets, otherwise it's the last preset slot / bank size.

Note: As of Cygnus arriving on the FM3, there's a nicer way to handle this:

• Added: “Bank Access” parameter to the Bank Inc/Dec footswitch functions. When set to ALL, the settings for Bank Lower Limit and Bank Upper Limit are IGNORED by default. If you wish to enable these limits, you must set “Bank Access” to “LIMITED” for all Bank Inc and Bank Dec switches in your layouts.

Last edited:
All setup per instructions but I also see the same preset across the top row on the FC12. Have reloaded OMG15 three times.

What did I miss?
Just edit the preset number "6-10" for the top row of functions on layout 1. It worked for me :)

So the only negative to this is the rather large footprint of an FM3 beside a FC12?
More or less. And the cost, if that's a consideration. The default OMG15 setup is lacking 3 layouts from stock FM3--Channels, Per-Preset, and Perform. You can add 2 of those as hold functions on the FM3 easily enough (looper is already hold function for the 3rd button), but you'll still be missing one of those 3. I don't find it to be anything I notice.

More or less. And the cost, if that's a consideration. The default OMG15 setup is lacking 3 layouts from stock FM3--Channels, Per-Preset, and Perform. You can add 2 of those as hold functions on the FM3 easily enough (looper is already hold function for the 3rd button), but you'll still be missing one of those 3. I don't find it to be anything I notice.
Ahh Good points. As for cost considerations, I'm debating the FM3 vs. FX3 route. Having a hard time justifying the FX3, but like the lack of tap dancing that an Fc12 would seem to afford...

So is it just me that feels the real need to have the FC12 instead of the FC6 for live situations?... Ok, I get that tons of people can do gigs with maybe just hitting 1 or 2 changes in a song but I'm going to get together with some friends to do Rush songs and I'm in need of more for all the changes in those songs.

So is it just me that feels the real need to have the FC12 instead of the FC6 for live situations?... Ok, I get that tons of people can do gigs with maybe just hitting 1 or 2 changes in a song but I'm going to get together with some friends to do Rush songs and I'm in need of more for all the changes in those songs.
No, in fact I am increasingly leaning towards OMG15 instead of OMG9. I came here to check the forum because this config will be added to the factory reload options soon.

OMG15 is everything I could have asked for and what would have taken me years to accomplish.
This layout and the FC12 are a masterpiece together. Today I hooked up my 4 exp pedals and compared to the AxeFX II Mk 2 and MFC it was so easy. No 1-127 midi BS whatsoever (I know it’s a bit OT).

Now I just need EV2’s because my EV1 and mission pedals are too stinkin’ big.

OMG15 is everything I could have asked for and what would have taken me years to accomplish.
This layout and the FC12 are a masterpiece together. Today I hooked up my 4 exp pedals and compared to the AxeFX II Mk 2 and MFC it was so easy. No 1-127 midi BS whatsoever (I know it’s a bit OT).

Now I just need EV2’s because my EV1 and mission pedals are too stinkin’ big.
EV2s are awesome. :)
20200920_162326.jpg

This layout and the FC12 are a masterpiece together. Today I hooked up my 4 exp pedals and compared to the AxeFX II Mk 2 and MFC it was so easy.
FC12 arrived today. I am still pretty new to Fractal. So, it is good to hear that the FC12 setup went so well. +1 on 4 exp pedals.

Hey all, so I loaded FW 4.00 beta 5 with no issues loving it! The issue I’m having is when I load OMG 15 from the new firmware I’m getting incomplete texts such as “sets” instead of presets, “enes” instead of scences on the FM3 and the FC12 and so forth.

I went back and forth between the OMG 15 files posted here which by the way loaded flawlessly against that on the beta 5 release. Anyone else experience this? I’m thinking operator error but I did it 4 times. I’m just settling on the OMG15 files that I downloaded here for now as it’s perfect for what I need thank you @Admin M@

Details that I did not mention.
1. Running MAC OS 10.07
2. Did FW refresh after install of beta 5
3. Did not change anything on setup pages, everything is the same as instructed for install of the OMG15 files that Admin M@ posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom