FM3, FC12 external amp channel switching

meh

Hey, I recently got an FM3 and FC12 and was wondering if either one could control switching channels on an external amp.

I have an EVH 5150 LBX-S and it uses a trs cable to change amp channels.

The FC itself has no MIDI OUT port or relays. You can use the FC to make the FM3 transmit MIDI through its MIDI OUT port.

Last edited:
You will need something that can do relay switching with MIDI control. I use the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo but for your uses the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher might work best.

I have an FM3 and use a Suhr Micro Midi to switch channels on my Mesas. It works great and was super easy to set up.
main-img-1.jpg

Hey so it came in today and I have my amps trs plugged into the footswitch and micromidi, and plugged a midi cable into midi out on the fm3 and midi in on the suhr. I've been cycling through PC and CC changes for a good hour and can't get the channel to switch. I have everything set to midi channel 1. How do you have yours setup?

Hey so it came in today and I have my amps trs plugged into the footswitch and micromidi, and plugged a midi cable into midi out on the fm3 and midi in on the suhr. I've been cycling through PC and CC changes for a good hour and can't get the channel to switch. I have everything set to midi channel 1. How do you have yours setup?

One thing I find with my FM3 is I can never remember how I did anything. :D

In FC Controllers>CS MIDI, I have it as:

Command: PC
Channel: 1
and
On Value 0
Off Value 1

This switches channels on one of my Mesas (Rectoverb 25 or Elecra Dyne). For one of them, I have to change the OFF value 1 to a 3, I think, but I don't remember which one (haven't played with this in a while).

Did you get it sorted out with your 5150?

One thing I find with my FM3 is I can never remember how I did anything. :D

In FC Controllers>CS MIDI, I have it as:

Command: PC
Channel: 1
and
On Value 0
Off Value 1

This switches channels on one of my Mesas (Rectoverb 25 or Elecra Dyne). For one of them, I have to change the OFF value 1 to a 3, I think, but I don't remember which one (haven't played with this in a while).

Did you get it sorted out with your 5150?
I can't get it working for some reason. Ordered the Voodoo Lab Control switcher and hopefully that one will work lol.

I can't get it working for some reason. Ordered the Voodoo Lab Control switcher and hopefully that one will work lol.
Just wanted to mention the following as I used the Voodoo Labs Control switcher with the FM3. It worked without a hitch. If you are using CC to toggle the relay(s) on the Voodoo Switcher note the value you send via midi: anything in range 0-63 (or it may be 64) will toggle the relay off, values > 64 toggle the relay on.

IOW, if using the Voodoo with factory settings, the values for FM3 Midi block command line:
Type: CC Channel: 1 Number: 80 Value: 65 this turned the Voodoo relay on.
Also note that this setting can be specified for every scene.

If you check out the manual for the Voodoo, the reason number is set to 80 will make sense.

Just wanted to mention the following as I used the Voodoo Labs Control switcher with the FM3. It worked without a hitch. If you are using CC to toggle the relay(s) on the Voodoo Switcher note the value you send via midi: anything in range 0-63 (or it may be 64) will toggle the relay off, values > 64 toggle the relay on.

IOW, if using the Voodoo with factory settings, the values for FM3 Midi block command line:
Type: CC Channel: 1 Number: 80 Value: 65 this turned the Voodoo relay on.
Also note that this setting can be specified for every scene.

If you check out the manual for the Voodoo, the reason number is set to 80 will make sense.
Thanks!

Quick update. Got it working with the Voodoo Lab. Thank you to everyone for all your help and suggestions!
hi, I have an fm3 and voodoo control switcher and mesa dual rectifier. I can't get it to work. would you be so kind to do screenshots of your midi block and/or cs midi for me, please?

thanks in advance,
Tom

Last edited:
Hi, I have got it sorted. can provide screenshots and a step by step guide if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom