FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my FC6 today... spent a couple hours with it getting set up. Its great and I am happy that I went this route versus the MC-6 midi option. This is very intuitive and easy. I will now need to program in the FM3 only option for my acoustic gigs, won't need to lug the FC6 to those gigs. Great job to all who put time into the OMG9, etc.

Isn’t the OMG-9 layout included in the official software now? I thought I remembered it from a recent note but can’t find it. Something like it being easy to load right from the unit or FM3 Edit?

Edit: never mind. Found it in the 3.02 notes.

Isn’t the OMG-9 layout included in the official software now? I thought I remembered it from a recent note but can’t find it. Something like it being easy to load right from the unit or FM3 Edit?

Edit: never mind. Found it in the 3.02 notes.
Yes
ank.
• FC: You can now install the “OMG9” FC settings directly from the SETUP: FC Controllers: Reset page of the FM3, with no download required. The OMG9 Owner’s

I am using the fm3 and fc6 with the omg9 layout. I need a switch to toggle my wah on/off, so as to not turn on when using the exp pedal on other effects. I want to add a wah switch on my effects layout. The manual is confusing. Anyone know?

I am using the fm3 and fc6 with the omg9 layout. I need a switch to toggle my wah on/off, so as to not turn on when using the exp pedal on other effects. I want to add a wah switch on my effects layout. The manual is confusing. Anyone know?
You can do it with channels
have the wah be channel A for instance, the whammy B etc

Thanks Randal. That could work if I can toggle between channels with a button on my effects page. I Will do some experimenting on a new preset so I don’t mess up anything on the presets that I like.

Last edited:
Is there a way to adjust the OMG9 that once I select a Preset it can automatically go to the Scenes view of the selected preset?

Look into Layout Links. You can add them to your preset select switches to simultaneously switch layout and view....
Am also curious to try this out but the footswitch guide only seems to describe what layout links can do but not how to set it up. Appreciate any pointers on how to get what ShaqJamin is trying to achieve.

From the Footswitch Guide:

View attachment 85040
Yup. Saw that too but after going into the layout page on the FM3, was at a loss of what to do next.

Finally after some trial and error I’d figured it out. Here are the steps I went through on the FM3 to bring up the scene layout in my FC6 as soon as I tap the desired preset button on the FC6 in the OMG9 presets mode:

1 Start in Presets mode
2 Step on the first preset button on the FC6 (ie the lower left switch)
3 Click “Setup” (knob E)
4 Select FC Controllers and hit Enter
5 Go to the Layouts page
6 Select “Layout 1 Presets” and hit Enter
7 Select “1 Tap” and Click “Edit Switch” (knob B)
8 Under the Layout Link section, Select “FC#1 Layout” and change the value to “Layout 2:Scenes”.
9 Now repeat for the rest of the other FC6 switches by repeating steps 7 and 8, except for each time you do step 7, select “2 Tap” for the 2nd FC6 switch, “3 Tap” for the 3rd and so on until you have finished “6 Tap”.

If anyone knows of inaccuracies in my steps, appreciate it if you could comment. Thanks!

Yup. Saw that too but after going into the layout page on the FM3, was at a loss of what to do next.

Finally after some trial and error I’d figured it out. Here are the steps I went through on the FM3 to bring up the scene layout in my FC6 as soon as I tap the desired preset button on the FC6 in the OMG9 presets mode:

1 Start in Presets mode
3 Click “Setup” (knob E)
5 Go to the Layouts page
8 Under the Layout Link section, Select “FC#1 Layout” and change the value to “Layout 2:Scenes”.
9 Now repeat for the rest of the other FC6 switches by repeating steps 7 and 8, except for each time you do step 7, select “2 Tap” for the 2nd FC6 switch, “3 Tap” for the 3rd and so on until you have finished “6 Tap”.

If anyone knows of inaccuracies in my steps, appreciate it if you could comment. Thanks!
I think you are correct you have to assign the layout link to each indiv switch

1 Start in Presets mode
3 Click “Setup” (knob E)
5 Go to the Layouts page

Your steps are good, with the following comment:

1) You can skip step 1 altogether. It doesn't matter what what layout you're on when you start.

The manual assumes that you already know how to navigate to an individual footswitch from Setup > FC Controller > Layouts, which is covered elsewhere in the manual. I've passed along a suggestion to clarify that.

By the way — in FM3-Edit, this is dead easy:

1624306828638.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom