FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can do so much more with the FC12 + FMC than the OMG layout is really not needed but can imitate it, for example use the FM3 like a table of contents i.e. presets, scenes effects as shown in the video, then plan your FC12 how you like it or imitate the OMG I think I'd move my navigation for scenes and presets over to the FC12 to eliminate holding buttons, and lets face it you can only engage so many effects before FM3 cpu maxes out on a bank so you have lots of buttons to work with imo...
That actually makes a lot of sense to me. Also, I forgot all about the CPU constraint as I have using the Axe FX-III for almost a year and normally don't give the CPU a thought. Thanks.

I started making an OMG15 for my FM3/FC12 combo a couple of days ago but it’s still a work in progress.

Like DaveO said, it’s pretty much just a table of contents. Presets/Scenes/Effects for the tap buttons and hold them down for tuner/looper/and the layout 7 that Austinbuddy made for those of us that bought his Gold Pack of presets which basically is a bunch of FC buttons to toggle. But the hold functions I also have incorporated on the FC12, so I doubt I use them very often via the FM3.
I bought the Gold Pack, but I have not experimented with the layout 7 yet. Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.

I could do an OMG-15. It just seemed to me that the FC-12 is so nice and big that you wouldn't need something as intricate as this -- just create the basic layouts you desire and switch between them in the usual ways.
I created the basic layout and their was a noticeable delay while switching the scenes. I tried it with OMG9 (installed with FC12) and the delay improved ten folds!

Any reason why?

You know it took me a bit to wrap my mind around the concept of the layouts but after noodling around (little to no manual usage) its totally sunken in now, next up is to figure out a layout for my dual switch + FM3 (no FC6) with the remaining layouts 4 & 7 that are unused from OMG...
Hey man,

When I used to use the FC 12 with my FX3 - I just used to select the Scenes default layout and everything was good!

Now when I connect my FC12 with the FM3 - is there a way to get the same layout? Also, if I customize it - there is a very noticeable delay while switching scenes..not a gap - but a delay from when I hit the footswitch to when the scene changes. But if I load the OMG9 setting - the delay goes away..

Am I missing something here?

I created the basic layout and their was a noticeable delay while switching the scenes. I tried it with OMG9 (installed with FC12) and the delay improved ten folds!

Any reason why?

My guess would be that it was just perception. With no HOLD functions, switches fire on the downstroke. Could that be it?

I received my FM3 last week along with the FC-6. Before then, I've been using my Kemper Profiler for years, being used to the functionality of the footswitch programming.

I just installed the OMG9, hoping to get similar functionality. I mainly need to enable/disable effects and switch between presets for live gigs with my cover band.

How has the overall feedback been with the OMG9? Also, as firmware upgrades are being released, do we need to do anything after applying the firmware updates?

I received my FM3 last week along with the FC-6. Before then, I've been using my Kemper Profiler for years, being used to the functionality of the footswitch programming.

I just installed the OMG9, hoping to get similar functionality. I mainly need to enable/disable effects and switch between presets for live gigs with my cover band.

How has the overall feedback been with the OMG9? Also, as firmware upgrades are being released, do we need to do anything after applying the firmware updates?
OMG9 is amazing. Super intuitive and ultra-functional.
Feedback has been nothing but positive.
No reprogramming necessary when firmware updates are loaded.

Hello Everyone. I am a newbie. I have loaded up the OMG9. I love it so far. Need to ask a question to anyone who knows. When I switch over the looper it says not in this preset. How do I get the looper to work. Thanks in advance for helping.

Hello Everyone. I am a newbie. I have loaded up the OMG9. I love it so far. Need to ask a question to anyone who knows. When I switch over the looper it says not in this preset. How do I get the looper to work. Thanks in advance for helping.
Not trying to be a wiseacre, but maybe you need to put the looper block in the preset.

Um, just wondering is there any reason this thread isn't sticky under FM3 heading? Just seams to me it would be a good reference to not get burred under others...

I could do an OMG-15. It just seemed to me that the FC-12 is so nice and big that you wouldn't need something as intricate as this -- just create the basic layouts you desire and switch between them in the usual ways.

Could you do an OMG15? It would be so nice!

Last edited:
Hi guys, my FM3 default layout has disappeared. No idea why! Can someone send me the default layout?
Email: Muellmusic@gmail.com

Thank you!

Frank

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-11 um 16.06.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-11 um 16.06.30.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 17
Hey guys! I’m new here as well! Went from AX8 to the FM3/FC6 and am loving it.. obviously editing on AX8 Edit was easier but with the “parked” layout I need some help... I’m pretty sure this question’s answer has something to do with disabling FC6/12 in the suggested optional things to do before installing OMG9.. but I’ll ask anyway.. how would I go about making the hold function on switches 4 & 6 (above 1 & 3 on FC6) when I’ve selected “PRESETS” bank +/- say 5 or 10 banks? Since 1&3 bank +/- 1. Basically just have an option to get around quicker... I thought I had it figured out when I re-enabled FC6 in Setup>FC config but it made my tap tempo under “SCENES” go up to switch 6 (instead of 3) so I disabled it again after I made changes, and the +/- banks won’t work.

...how would I go about making the hold function on switches 4 & 6 (above 1 & 3 on FC6) when I’ve selected “PRESETS” bank +/- say 5 or 10 banks? Since 1&3 bank +/- 1. Basically just have an option to get around quicker...
Edit the Hold function of those switches. Set it for Bank > Inc/Dec. Then, in the Increment/Decrement parameter, select a number other than +1 or -1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom