FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG9 is loaded and working fine. However, when I try to bank up from 311 it jumps back to 000 instead of increasing to the next set of presets starting at 312.

Any idea why this is happening?
Once again, foot switch guide, page 4, upper/lower limits.

Thanks for this thread, I was unsure if I should load the OMG9 if I plan on using the FM3 without the FC6 so thanks for information everyone, it'll be the first thing I do tonight when I get home...

I could do an OMG-15. It just seemed to me that the FC-12 is so nice and big that you wouldn't need something as intricate as this -- just create the basic layouts you desire and switch between them in the usual ways.
Hi. I have a FC-12 and FM3 and I just downloaded the OMG-9 thinking that perhaps I could adapt it for use with the FC-12. If I understand you correctly, you are implying that I wouldn't gain enough to be worth the effort? If so, I certainly don't have a problem with that. Thanks.

you can do so much more with the FC12 + FMC than the OMG layout is really not needed but can imitate it, for example use the FM3 like a table of contents i.e. presets, scenes effects as shown in the video, then plan your FC12 how you like it or imitate the OMG I think I'd move my navigation for scenes and presets over to the FC12 to eliminate holding buttons, and lets face it you can only engage so many effects before FM3 cpu maxes out on a bank so you have lots of buttons to work with imo...

I started making an OMG15 for my FM3/FC12 combo a couple of days ago but it’s still a work in progress.

Like DaveO said, it’s pretty much just a table of contents. Presets/Scenes/Effects for the tap buttons and hold them down for tuner/looper/and the layout 7 that Austinbuddy made for those of us that bought his Gold Pack of presets which basically is a bunch of FC buttons to toggle. But the hold functions I also have incorporated on the FC12, so I doubt I use them very often via the FM3.

You know it took me a bit to wrap my mind around the concept of the layouts but after noodling around (little to no manual usage) its totally sunken in now, next up is to figure out a layout for my dual switch + FM3 (no FC6) with the remaining layouts 4 & 7 that are unused from OMG...

Does the FC-6 ever go on sale? I think everyone would do OMG9 if it were less than $499. Fractal would probably sell an FC-6 for every single FM3 made if it were...say...$349?o_O;)

My FC6 just came in! Pretty psyched ...

Here's where I am:
For the rock band I feel I definitly need the OMG9, so definitely want to set this up.
But for the acoustic duo I really just need the default MLM.

The instructions for the OMG9 recommend to disable the Master Layout. I was using this as the goto for getting around in the acoustic gigs.

What would be the easiest way to switch between the two sets of functionalities?

Hope I'm making sense here...
Thanks,
Tim

You can re-load either set of layouts into your FM3 in just a few minutes using FM3 Edit. Just make sure you export a copy of each and have it handy to import whenever you need. Otherwise, it's a matter of setting up both layouts using separate views and resetting the layout you boot to.

My FC6 just came in! Pretty psyched ...

Here's where I am:
For the rock band I feel I definitly need the OMG9, so definitely want to set this up.
But for the acoustic duo I really just need the default MLM.

The instructions for the OMG9 recommend to disable the Master Layout. I was using this as the goto for getting around in the acoustic gigs.

What would be the easiest way to switch between the two sets of functionalities?

Hope I'm making sense here...
Thanks,
Tim
You should look at Patzag's post while I have not had bandwidth to apply his overlay of the layout its my understanding you can use the unused layouts 4 & 7 with his contribution, see link (My apologizes for long url)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...hing.161070/&usg=AOvVaw3XOOMDBOEtoq31ZKpeyd43

You can re-load either set of layouts into your FM3 in just a few minutes using FM3 Edit. Just make sure you export a copy of each and have it handy to import whenever you need. Otherwise, it's a matter of setting up both layouts using separate views and resetting the layout you boot to.

Thanks...
I can totally see myself forgetting to reload the layouts in FM3 Edit before leaving for a gig.

I’d rather just Be able to select the layouts on the fly on the unit.

If I could use the OMG9 Layout effectively without having to disable the master layout, I think it would be ideal. Just wonder what I am sacrificing if I don’t disable the master layout...

The OMG3 layout created by Patzag is a brilliant way to control the FM3 alone, and is designed to live on the unit along with the OMG9 layout. To understand the details better, you may want to load both to your unit and explore. To switch from one to the other is not necessarily disabling, but changing the layout you boot to and the bank size, both done easily on the unit in a minute or two.

The OMG3 layout created by Patzag is a brilliant way to control the FM3 alone, and is designed to live on the unit along with the OMG9 layout. To understand the details better, you may want to load both to your unit and explore. To switch from one to the other is not necessarily disabling, but changing the layout you boot to and the bank size, both done easily on the unit in a minute or two.

Exactly what he said!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...itches-by-themselves-to-do-everything.161070/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom