FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does but you can load up the factory layout again. That takes a little work. It’s not too bad but it would be annoying if you go back and forth a lot. That’s what the layout I posted above is supposed to solve though. Switching between FM3 solo or FM3 with FC6 should be as easy as holding down one switch for half a second. 👍
I'll have to watch your video explanation again and even though I'm not using an FC6 (yet), thank for doing this. Maybe down the road we'll be able to use that USB port to load presets/layouts etc. Would be nice to have a download/thread for OMG9 stickied where people could also post their variations all in the same place.

I'll have to watch your video explanation again and even though I'm not using an FC6 (yet), thank for doing this. Maybe down the road we'll be able to use that USB port to load presets/layouts etc. Would be nice to have a download/thread for OMG9 stickied where people could also post their variations all in the same place.

as post above check out Patzags OMG3
i actually really like it

I could do an OMG-15. It just seemed to me that the FC-12 is so nice and big that you wouldn't need something as intricate as this -- just create the basic layouts you desire and switch between them in the usual ways.

Yes please! An OMG-15 for the FC-12 that mirrors the "FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!" scheme would be useful to FC-12 users who are testing presets designed for OMG9! Asking for a friend (who will eventually get an FC-6 for their FM3 and will keep their FC-12 for their Axe-FX III). :innocent:👍

So I have a dedicated FM3/FC6 loaded w/OMG9 and it's fantastic. I couldn't be more pleased and 100% recommend it. Everything I could ever want or need. My FC12 is dedicated to my FXIII and I would love to have the same setup as OMG9 on my FXIII/FC12 combo. Perhaps use the top left 3 buttons to omit the "More" from the effects layout? I know it's easy to config something like this with enough time and effort. Just wondering if anyone has already done this? I would greatly appreciate it!

So I have a dedicated FM3/FC6 loaded w/OMG9 and it's fantastic. I couldn't be more pleased and 100% recommend it. Everything I could ever want or need. My FC12 is dedicated to my FXIII and I would love to have the same setup as OMG9 on my FXIII/FC12 combo. Perhaps use the top left 3 buttons to omit the "More" from the effects layout? I know it's easy to config something like this with enough time and effort. Just wondering if anyone has already done this? I would greatly appreciate it!
I have.
I'll send it to you when I get back to my gear.

I am pleased to announce the release of OMG9, a set of foot switch layouts for the FM3 when used with a single FC-6 controller.

Once the OMG9 layouts are loaded in the FM3, it remains “parked” on a special layout which changes functions on the FC-6. For example, when you tap the left switch of the FM3, the FC-6 changes to “Presets Mode”. When you tap the center FM3 switch, the FC-6 switches to “Scenes Mode”, and so on. OMG9 provides everything that most players need, but of course all of its settings can be changed or customized to suit your personal needs.

During FM3 beta testing, I tried this combination and the test team and I quickly recognized it as a "killer app". One cheeky forum post later and the name "OMG9" was born :)

OMG9 requires an FM3 running firmware 1.02 or newer. Here's how it works.

1. The three switches of the FM3 change the mode of the FC-6 between presets, scenes, and effects.
2. These modes on the FC-6 provide everything you need for basic switching and operation of the FM3.
3. "Bonus" features include press-and-hold access to the tuner, looper, and "More" scenes (since only six fit on the FC-6.

A detailed mini-manual is included, including simple steps for installation and setup using FM3-Edit.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/omg9/omg9-1p0.zip

Have fun!

View attachment 65930
When might we see OMG9-V2?

So here you go - OMG 12. make sure you set the Bank size to 6 and set the Axe to load Layout 8 on power up.
It's fairly similar to OMG 9 with a few pluses because ... there are 12 switches. Let me know if you have any questions. It's pretty self explanatory.

(Edited to correct the attachment)

Attachments

• all-layouts_OMG12.fclayout
    80.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
So here you go - OMG 12. make sure you set the Bank size to 6 and set the Axe to load Layout 8 on power up.
It's fairly similar to OMG 9 with a few pluses because ... there are 12 switches. Let me know if you have any questions. It's pretty self explanatory.
Interesting. Will have to install it and see how this compares to my 'boxcars' (dual FC6) setup....

A

Awesome! Thanks a ton!

So this is really good. Quick question - on the presets, the top 3 (top right 3 switches) are repeating the same preset. Anyway to have 6 presets display at a time? Also, how might I swap the Tuner for the Amp + locations?

Thanks a lot man you saved me (and hopefully many others) countless hours!!!

So this is really good. Quick question - on the presets, the top 3 (top right 3 switches) are repeating the same preset. Anyway to have 6 presets display at a time? Also, how might I swap the Tuner for the Amp + locations?

Thanks a lot man you saved me (and hopefully many others) countless hours!!!

I'll be damned! I lost some switches while editing.
Here is the new Preset Layout. Import it into Layout 1

If you want, here is the complete system corrected too.

Now to swap Tuner and Amp Volume location, you'll have to edit this into EVERY layout.

Attachments

• all-layouts_OMG12.fclayout
    80.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Presets.fclayout
    9 KB · Views: 27
Patzag, maybe I misunderstood the concept or missed a step, but isn't the whole idea to have the FM3 control changing between Presets, Scenes, and Effects and to clear more buttons on the FC-12? When I toggle between the 3 buttons on the FM3 it does nothing to the display on the FC-12. However, the same 3 Preset, Scene, and Effects buttons show up on my FC-12 on the lower left 3 buttons and they do work to change things on the foot controller.

It's very possible it's just that I didn't set something up correctly, but I thought I changed everything in the setup I was supposed to per your instructions and the instructions that Matt put up for the original OMG9. Bank size is 9, the FM3 is set to layout 8 at startup, FC12 is set to layout 1 at startup, and compatibility mode and FC master layout switch combo are both disabled.

Patzag, maybe I misunderstood the concept or missed a step, but isn't the whole idea to have the FM3 control changing between Presets, Scenes, and Effects and to clear more buttons on the FC-12? When I toggle between the 3 buttons on the FM3 it does nothing to the display on the FC-12. However, the same 3 Preset, Scene, and Effects buttons show up on my FC-12 on the lower left 3 buttons and they do work to change things on the foot controller.

It's very possible it's just that I didn't set something up correctly, but I thought I changed everything in the setup I was supposed to per your instructions and the instructions that Matt put up for the original OMG9. Bank size is 9, the FM3 is set to layout 8 at startup, FC12 is set to layout 1 at startup, and compatibility mode and FC master layout switch combo are both disabled.
Hi Mott.

You're absolutely right.

OMG 12 is for use with the Axe FX 3. Not with the FM3. It is basically an emulation of the OMG9 for the Axe FX III whereby the board (FC12) is split into 2 sections - the left 6 switches - providing the stable switches that never change, and the 6 right switches - which display in turn Presets, IAs, Scenes, Looper Control, and whatever else you might want.

I fell in love with the OMG9 concept that Matt provided and ported it to the FC 12 for use with the Axe FX III.

You can of course use an FM3 with an FC 12. In that case, go right ahead and make up your own OMG 15! It's super easy to program and very versatile. Maybe I'll do one in the future.

Be sure to set Bank Size correctly before loading new layouts. If bank size is less than the number of preset switches in the layout, the preset in bank will be limited to that lower number and you’d have to change the switches manually for the higher numbers.

Now to swap Tuner and Amp Volume location, you'll have to edit this into EVERY layout.
Loaded the OMG12 setup into my rig, checking it out. Looks interesting. I can see this making a big difference in the way one looks at the FC12 buttons. It seems more or less like a much-improved version of what I was doing when I still had the FC12, in that it puts the frequently-used buttons all at one end of the FC and the utility/TOC buttons further away. That was my approach when I had the long one, as it was a bit of a tai-chi/yoga challenge to reach that far end and still have my controller pedals and the frequently-used buttons close in front of me.

Resolved! Thanks man! Sending you a PM on the Tuner bit. This community is awesome because of folks like you bud.

OMG9 is loaded and working fine. However, when I try to bank up from 311 it jumps back to 000 instead of increasing to the next set of presets starting at 312.

Any idea why this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom