FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, OMG9 slays. It’s quick, it’s very intuitive, and it requires minimal use of your brain — so you can concentrate on playing. Lots of clever tricks happen under the hood, so you can reserve your own clever tricks for your playing.

Truly a killer app. :cool:

Exactly!!!

Damn it you guys are killing me. I've been content with my Axe II for so long now. I am seriously jonesing for an FM3 and FC6 combo now. This looks awesome. Can't wait until the list gets caught up. Gonna have to make the jump.

Damn it you guys are killing me. I've been content with my Axe II for so long now. I am seriously jonesing for an FM3 and FC6 combo now. This looks awesome. Can't wait until the list gets caught up. Gonna have to make the jump.
Same on the killing me..., they totally gave me a reason to want an FC-6 now. Tempted to swap the FC-12 off my board and put the FM-3 with an FC-6. For many gigs, the FM3 will be fine so can just grab it and go. For larger gigs where it would really suck to not have a backup, take the Axe-Fx III along with the entire board that has the 3/6 combo. If III has an issue, the FM3 is there as backup. Decisions decisions....

This looks killer! Probably a dumb question: I assume this still lets us use Per Preset IA's, and we can still stash the functions for Stand-In switches somewhere?

This looks killer! Probably a dumb question: I assume this still lets us use Per Preset IA's, and we can still stash the functions for Stand-In switches somewhere?
Yes. Just make sure to use switch locations that are empty.

it's simply a new set of "defaults" or just someone else's setup.

keep in mind that the FM3 and FC6 (or any sets of FCs) still share the same 9 Layouts. that's why the FM3 is set to Layout 8 and the other first Layouts are what the FC6 changes to via Layout Links (coming from Layout 8/FM3).

the Master Layout Menu is still there and should have the same available 4 switches for Stand-In switches.

in the OMG9, Layout 8 serves almost as a 2nd MLM - the FM3 just doesn't change from Layout 8.

it's simply a new set of "defaults" or just someone else's setup.

keep in mind that the FM3 and FC6 (or any sets of FCs) still share the same 9 Layouts. that's why the FM3 is set to Layout 8 and the other first Layouts are what the FC6 changes to via Layout Links (coming from Layout 8/FM3).

the Master Layout Menu is still there and should have the same available 4 switches for Stand-In switches.

in the OMG9, Layout 8 serves almost as a 2nd MLM - the FM3 just doesn't change from Layout 8.
Good explanation Chris, thanks!

Just got my FM3 yesterday and took the OMG9 layout defaults for a spin. This has made setup of my live rig a breeze. I wanted to point out that the hold function for "Scenes" doesn't work after loading the file but all I had to do was adjust the layout link to show FC-6 Layout 2 View 2 (it was set to View 1). Just in case this throws anyone for a loop.

My FM3 arrives in two days. I have a FC6 and EV1 waiting, also ordered another EV2 to save space and weight on my board. I am so stoked about this OMG9 layout! It should be the go Layout for me. Coming from te AX8, I was a bit worried about the learning curve on the FC6 and layouts. This has all been taken care of for me! A huge thank you to the guys at Fractal for taking this on! You continue to amaze me! Be well and be safe!

This is a very clever option- kudos to the development team! It is interesting that for ~$1,000 less you will get a total of 9 switches- 3 more than you would have with the AFX3 and FC6- unless you step way up to the FC12 $$$. This new option definitely could push people back towards the FM3. The form factor is also really nice. I don't think I am alone however when I say that for ~$1,499 it would be "ideal" (anyone listening???) if it was an all in one unit (e.g., at least "6"-9 switches or 6+1 (master menu toggle)) with 20% more CPU power and a 2nd instrument input as well. It probably won't happen as that could take away from AXFX3 sales...but I see that as a different market than the average consumer (non-pro). It would be a great option for us and a welcome improvement to an already outstanding product!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom