FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an FC6, this really takes the FM3 to the next level!
Much thanks to all involved!
Just got mine yesterday as well. Had the FM3 since November, got a 2 button momentary switch and was on the fence for a while about the FC6. It seemed expensive and maybe overkill. I could have gotten along fine without it, but damn is this ever a flexible solution. Despite being expensive for a 6 button footwitch, man is it awesome. I didn't apply the exact OMG9 config, but read the included PDF to get an idea of how it was setup and created my own custom version that uses my 2 button switch to access scenes 7 and 8. If anyone else is on the fence because of price, do it. It's great.

...Despite being expensive for a 6 button footwitch, man is it awesome....
It's not just a 6-button foot switch. It's tightly integrated with the controller, it has the ability to connect to multiple other non-Fractal switches and/or controller pedals and feed those signals back to the main unit, acting as a true extension of the main unit. A MIDI unit, like the MC-6, approaches the FC-6 in functionality, but it tries to be the controller and eventually confuses the issue and puts the owner into a dead-end situation.

I was a software developer for many years, and after I stuck it to the man, worked with a MC-6 and a Helix Stomp, which, for this purpose, is similar to a FM3, and the closer I got to the idea of a FM3+FC6, realized I was doing more and more programming just to get where I wanted to be. In software we talk about the last 1% being the hardest, and that was getting to me, so, having used an AX8 previously, I jumped back to the FM3+FC6 and a AF3+FC12.

While I might have been able to figure out how to make the Stomp+MC-6 do everything, I just got tired of fighting the system. Maybe it's a retiree thing, but I have better things to do than fight my equipment.

Can someone help me modify my OMG9? I want the FM3 FS3 Hold function to show the second set of effects on the FC6, essentially a "More" setting? I can't seem to get the "More" button to display the another page of effects in a preset. Hope I explained that correctly. Thanks!

Can someone help me modify my OMG9? I want the FM3 FS3 Hold function to show the second set of effects on the FC6, essentially a "More" setting? I can't seem to get the "More" button to display the another page of effects in a preset. Hope I explained that correctly. Thanks!
Basically you need to set up the Fx switch on hold while in the fx layout 3 to load layout 4 ,sorry just went back and read manual

Last edited:
I get a second effects page on the FC6 using one of the right column buttons.

Quick question...
I have the OMG9, and I want to scroll from my newly put together presets. Holding down either preset on the FC6 to advance after I've scrolled through my current bank, takes me to the beginning of the presets (BassGuy,etc.). So I have to go to the front panel controls and manually scroll to my new preset area. Not sure how to get the preset mode working properly.

Sj

Basically you need to set up the Fx switch on hold while in the fx layout 3 to load layout 4 ,sorry just went back and read manual
Not sure what you are speaking of? I would be modifying Layout 8, FM3 FS3 Hold Function. It would change from a Hold for Looper, to a Hold for a second set of six Effects (More EFX). I want my FC6 Effects Layout to have six effects, not five and a "More" button. Thanks again! I'm sure it's something simple, just can't seem to get it?

Not sure what you are speaking of? I would be modifying Layout 8, FM3 FS3 Hold Function. It would change from a Hold for Looper, to a Hold for a second set of six Effects (More EFX). I want my FC6 Effects Layout to have six effects, not five and a "More" button. Thanks again! I'm sure it's something simple, just can't seem to get it?
If you are using the OMG9
the switches on the FM3 themselves are just a table of contents and it in a parked mode
if you look at the layout list
effects are on Layout 3 (first page of fx) and Layout 4 2nd page of effects
right now its linking to Layout 3 when you hit the effects button
so you want to have the hold on that same switch set to load fx 2

i think that is what you are trying to
achieve ?

on the second part the more button that is a layout link
that taking you too
layout 4 remove the layout link so it stays in layout 3 effects one
and change the display to show what effect you assigned to that switch

If you are using the OMG9
the switches on the FM3 themselves are just a table of contents and it in a parked mode
if you look at the layout list
effects are on Layout 3 (first page of fx) and Layout 4 2nd page of effects
right now its linking to Layout 3 when you hit the effects button
so you want to have the hold on that same switch set to load fx 2

i think that is what you are trying to
achieve ?

on the second part the more button that is a layout link
that taking you too
layout 4 remove the layout link so it stays in layout 3 effects one
and change the display to show what effect you assigned to that switch
There is no parked mode.
There is just duplicated views on a layout (8) with layout links depending on which button you press.
To achieve what @Akstrat wants, the SW3 Hold needs to be edited in all views and, as he said, replace the looper with a second Effect layer.

There is no parked mode.
There is just duplicated views on a layout (8) with layout links depending on which button you press.
To achieve what @Akstrat wants, the SW3 Hold needs to be edited in all views and, as he said, replace the looper with a second Effect layer.
But the second part of that removing the more button and showing 6 scenes in FX layout that he will have to edit in the actual
fx layout ( 3 ) correct?

That's right. The button will need to be replaced with whichever Effect the User wants AND the layout link to the second layer removed.

Personally, I would not change the master layout (8). The easier way to do this would be to replace the MORE switch with an IA and then add a HOLD function under that switch to flip to the second layer.

That's right. The button will need to be replaced with whichever Effect the User wants AND the layout link to the second layer removed.

Personally, I would not change the master layout (8). The easier way to do this would be to replace the MORE switch with an IA and then add a HOLD function under that switch to flip to the second layer.
That worked well! Thanks! I wanted to have banks of six effects on my FC6!

One last question...
I have the FC6 all good now. But my FM3 scribble strips name 3 individual presets contained on the FC6 in similar slots.
How do I get "Presets"/"Scenes"/"Effects" strips/functions back on the FM3???

That's all, really!

Sj

One last question...
I have the FC6 all good now. But my FM3 scribble strips name 3 individual presets contained on the FC6 in similar slots.
How do I get "Presets"/"Scenes"/"Effects" strips/functions back on the FM3???

That's all, really!

Sj
Change to layout 8 on the FM3. You can set that to boot up to layout 8 as well in Devices in the FC menu, or in Edit.

Reactions: TNJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom