FM3 + FC-12

bshaw92

Experienced
Looking for some mental help on setting up the FM3 & FC-12 for 15 switches. Since I only have 12 slots per layout I'm not sure what I would do to setup the 3 switches on the FM3 to do different things without messing up my layers for the 12. I only use 4 layouts for the 12. I assume you use the other layouts and views but not sure what to do. Any advice or direction would be appreciated. I was looking through the foot controller manual and the 3 and 6 groupings made sense, but 15 was a little cloudy.

Use the 3 to load layouts like Presets, Scenes, Effects. Use the 12 for the Presets, Scenes, etc.
Presets Layout: 10 presets, Tap Tempo, Tuner.
Scenes Layout: 8 Scenes, Tap Tempo, tuner, Amp Volume +/-
Effects Layout: 10 Effects, Tap tempo, Tuner.
Looper Layout: 6 Looper controls, 4 Scenes, Tap Tempo. tuner
Or such combos.

Personally, I would use the FM3 as a backline and ignore the switches. Just have the FC12 in front of me and keep all cables behind me. Clean!

Reactions: jon
I have the FC 12 laid out, programmed and working, but not sure how to program the FM3 apart from the 12.

I have the FC 12 laid out, programmed and working, but not sure how to program the FM3 apart from the 12.
Just use an empty layout or 2. FM3 gives you 4 views of 3 switches per layout. Use Layout Links to trigger what Layout/View shows up on your controller based on what switch you press.

For example, pressing Scene 1 on the FC 12 could bring up 3 Amp Channels on the FM3.
Or Pressing PRESETS on the FM3 would call the PRESET layout on the FC12.
Sky is the limit!

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom