FM3 FAQ

I'm pretty militant about this sorta thing. Shunts take up CPU, as do Send/Return blocks.
In preparing to port some presets over to the FM3 I realized how lazy the abundant processing power of the III has allowed me to become. It occurred to me that there's an apt analogy to biological evolution here. For example I just cleaned up a preset for Tom Sawyer that contained a Plex delay and a Rotary (solely because inherited from another preset from which it was constructed). These "vestigial" blocks are being eliminated due to the adaptive pressure of the FM3's more limited space.

FM3 presets: only the fittest survive.

Yeah I need to get out more. Unlikely....

It's a hard comparison to make as so much is different. I have definitely collapsed multiple AX8 presets into a single FM3 preset but some of that is due to scenes + channels.
That's pretty good! And not counting that we have more channels, it seems roughly equivalent to the AX8. I could switch out a few things and pretty much run most of my regular presets.

Is this with Spring Reverb or a different type?

That's pretty good! And not counting that we have more channels, it seems roughly equivalent to the AX8. I could switch out a few things and pretty much run most of my regular presets.

Is this with Spring Reverb or a different type?
Medium Spring

Hi

Can the Axe Fx II edit software ver 3 run at the same time as FM3 Edit ? on win or mac ?

Haven't got an FM3 yet but just thinking of how easy it will be to compare old preset to possible converted presets.

cheera
G \../

Have a flanger block within a patch, I have it listed as an effect, tap to activate...works.
How do I make it momentary ? Yup, its the UNCHAINED thing :)

If going with FM3 only for now , ( no ext pedal )
I ran my Kemper with 3 presets ( could use scenes now with the FM3 )
And a few basic effect stomps used globally over the 3 presets
Is this the most effective way , only with 3 switches , or are most guys just using multiple scenes, with effects engaged / disengaged.
My FM3 arrives tomorrow , super stoked

I feel this has been addressed elsewhere but I can't find it now and can't remember.

Why is the FM3 limited to one amp block?

I feel this has been addressed elsewhere but I can't find it now and can't remember.

Why is the FM3 limited to one amp block?

From what I remember, the explanation was along the lines of 2 amp blocks would come at the cost of quality, so they would rather have 1 amp block that doesn't cause ear fatigue/maintaining their standards.

From what I remember, the explanation was along the lines of 2 amp blocks would come at the cost of quality, so they would rather have 1 amp block that doesn't cause ear fatigue/maintaining their standards.

Cool, thanks. @chris just replied the same in the Wish List. I knew I remembered some discussion in the past.

Hi folks: l’m new here any any advice will help.

VERY IGNORANT bedroom player: got an FM3 coming and wondered: can I use a mixer with my FM3, or is that now unnecessary?

Back
Top Bottom