FM3 FAQ

Hi, can anyone tell me how to calibrate the expression pedal on FM3. I have a Zoom pedal. In the utilities menu the indicator tells me that the end of run is at 25% and the maximum opening is at 96%. There is a way to properly calibrate these values. Thank you

Hi, can anyone tell me how to calibrate the expression pedal on FM3. I have a Zoom pedal. In the utilities menu the indicator tells me that the end of run is at 25% and the maximum opening is at 96%. There is a way to properly calibrate these values. Thank you

Manual page 12.

from gptchat,
To calibrate an expression pedal for your Fractal FM9, follow these steps:

Access the FM9 Menu:
Turn on your FM9 and navigate to the menu or settings where you can configure your expression pedal.
Select the Expression Pedal:
Find the option to set up or calibrate your expression pedal. This might be labeled as “Pedal Calibration” or something similar.
Choose the Correct Pedal:
If you’re using the FM9 directly, select the expression pedal you want to calibrate (e.g., Pedal 1 or Pedal 2).
Perform the Calibration:
Continuously sweep the pedal from heel to toe (i.e., fully pressed down to fully raised).
Observe the FM9’s user interface (UI) to see if the pedal is sweeping through the full range.
Ensure that the pedal covers the entire range smoothly.
Check the Results:
If the pedal is only sweeping through a limited range (e.g., 0-20%), there might be an issue.
Verify that you’re using a TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) cable for the expression pedal connection.
Clean the expression pedal input jack and the pedal’s potentiometer with contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.
Consider updating your FM9 firmware to the latest version (if not already done).
Test Again:
After cleaning and updating, repeat the calibration process.
Ensure that the pedal now sweeps through the full range.
Remember to follow the specific instructions in your FM9 manual for accurate calibration. If you encounter any further issues, consider reaching out to Fractal Audio support or consulting the FM9 community for additional troubleshooting tips. 🎛️🎸

hi all!

fm3 user from vienna, austria here.
my idea for my new bass live rig would be to give our FOH engeneer 2 different signals. i want to give him just the basic "clean" DI signal with one output & then my amp simulation & "wet" rig with the other output. so that he can blend those 2 sounds together however he wants to balance them.
i have some trouble building the following (must be possible somehow?):

OUTPUT 1: sending my ampeg simulation with all fx to let's say output 1.
OUTPUT 2: sending just the clean DI signal (with some compression and EQ) to let's say output 2.

it just doesnt seem to work. i thought it should work like this:

but i don't hear sound on the right side...

can someone help here?
would be much appreciated.

best,
max

hi all!

fm3 user from vienna, austria here.
my idea for my new bass live rig would be to give our FOH engeneer 2 different signals. i want to give him just the basic "clean" DI signal with one output & then my amp simulation & "wet" rig with the other output. so that he can blend those 2 sounds together however he wants to balance them.
i have some trouble building the following (must be possible somehow?):

OUTPUT 1: sending my ampeg simulation with all fx to let's say output 1.
OUTPUT 2: sending just the clean DI signal (with some compression and EQ) to let's say output 2.

it just doesnt seem to work. i thought it should work like this:

but i don't hear sound on the right side...

can someone help here?
would be much appreciated.

best,
max

just to rule out the simplest explanation for no signal from out 2.. did you turn the output 2 knob up? :)

Back
Top Bottom