FM3 Fan issues after Cygnus

I am on firmware 4.00 beta 2.
Entering in Layout "Utilities" having the "Tap Tempo" switch in the active view, the fan starts to do noise. Removing the "Tap Tempo" switch from the active view the fan stops doing noise.

Also the fan is doing a short noise while switching to another layout.

In firmware 4.00 beta 1 this is not happening.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Interesting how some suddenly have the fan running regularly and others like myself only hear the fan during startup. Wonder if reinstalling would change anything?

58.4C is close enough to the trigger for the fan (60C). The question remains why are you getting those high temperatures.
I assume the unit is used indoors at a room temperature.
Actually, to correct myself, fan should be not triggered till 60C.
Looks like a bug in firmware 4.02b

I have the newest beta installed and left my unit on for 2 days straight, forgot to turn it off and no issues here on heat. I bought my unit about 3 to 4 months ago, if that helps narrow down if the issue could be related to a certain "batch", dunno

I have the newest beta installed and left my unit on for 2 days straight, forgot to turn it off and no issues here on heat. I bought my unit about 3 to 4 months ago, if that helps narrow down if the issue could be related to a certain "batch", dunno
I don't think the units heat up more under 4.02b. The issue is the fan comes on and off at random for a few seconds, below threshold temperature of 60C is reached.
I also noticed the temperature reported by FM3 jumps eratically by a few degrees C up and down within seconds. Foe example from 51.2C to 54.5C then down to 52C and so on. The fan would then randomly turn on for a few seconds and then off, and on again. But there is no reason for the fan to turn on unless DSP reports 60C, and those short burst of fan are too little to affect the temperature of DSP.
Definitely a bug. As Admin M@ said, the team will look into it Tuesday.

I can now confirm that fan comes on. I had not previously experienced this but yesterday for some reason the fan kept turning on and off. The only difference that I could tell was that I had the FM3 hooked up to my studio monitors rather than just headphones.

Hi. I can also confirm that my fan never ran before udpating to 4.XXb. Fan randomly turns on for a couple of seconds from time to time, then abruptly stops.

I've uploaded a video. The FM3 is just sitting on the same preset for a few hours. The fan is activated roughly every 50s for a short while, even though, the temperature stays absolutely the same for hours. The preset is quite simple, not a CPU hungry beast. The unit itself seems absolutely fine in regards of temperature from bottom or top. Feels just a little warm, but nothing hot.

I've uploaded a video. The FM3 is just sitting on the same preset for a few hours. The fan is activated roughly every 50s for a short while, even though, the temperature stays absolutely the same for hours. The preset is quite simple, not a CPU hungry beast. The unit itself seems absolutely fine in regards of temperature from bottom or top. Feels just a little warm, but nothing hot.

My FM3 had been on for a few hours before I installed Beta 2, and it did pretty much the same thing as yours after installation. The fan would cycle through 50-ish seconds off, then 5-ish seconds on. After the 5th or 6th cycle I rebooted and it hasn't happened again.

Mines been running for a few hours now. No fan for the first hour, except at startup. Temp was 115°. Then, a steady increase to 131° and the fan alternately running 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off. Each time it runs it takes the temp down to 125°.

Definitely seems to run more than it used to. In the past, I would rarely hear it come on. Same room, same environment.1D5D5345-765F-4A20-9B50-432C19F32786.jpeg

Mines been running for a few hours now. No fan for the first hour, except at startup. Temp was 115°. Then, a steady increase to 131° and the fan alternately running 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off. Each time it runs it takes the temp down to 125°.

Definitely seems to run more than it used to. In the past, I would rarely hear it come on. Same room, same environment.
Was it idle, or were you playing through it? Just wondering what effect playing through it might have. I would assume the processing would increase the temp, but I'm normally wrong.

I don't think the units heat up more under 4.02b. The issue is the fan comes on and off at random for a few seconds, below threshold temperature of 60C is reached.
I also noticed the temperature reported by FM3 jumps eratically by a few degrees C up and down within seconds. Foe example from 51.2C to 54.5C then down to 52C and so on. The fan would then randomly turn on for a few seconds and then off, and on again. But there is no reason for the fan to turn on unless DSP reports 60C, and those short burst of fan are too little to affect the temperature of DSP.
Definitely a bug. As Admin M@ said, the team will look into it Tuesday.
okay, figured I would help since a bug would effect everyone, hope they get it sorted out

I am on firmware 4.00 beta 2.
Entering in Layout "Utilities" having the "Tap Tempo" switch in the active view, the fan starts to do noise. Removing the "Tap Tempo" switch from the active view the fan stops doing noise.

Also the fan is doing a short noise while switching to another layout.

In firmware 4.00 beta 1 this is not happening.

Anybody else having the same issue?
I can confirm this. The fan becomes noisy as soon as I jump to a FC view where one of the switches is assigned to the tap tempo.

I can confirm this also....before Beta2 I never heard the fan except for the startup time....now regularly...even when Tap Tempo is not in one of the view modes......It kicks in even at 125F / 52.6C......

4.0 Beta 2 :

When you activate a TAP TEMPO Layout (so a TAP TEMPO in one of the 3 footswitch ) , the FAN or something inside sound a continuous click .

Back
Top Bottom