FM3 Factory Presets version 4.0 "Cygnus"

Anyone else noticed this? Per preset perform page controls are not displayed correctly. First switch controls incorrect parameter, second and third behave as if they were mapped to continuous parameter instead of switch.
(fw 4.0 and latest presets freshly imported)

FYI, you can edit and re-save any of these, they are just presets.
I know.
I was asking because it is considered the final version and it should be 100% clean I think.

Anyway. I just checked presets 0 to 120 and there are no shunts in the first column second row, so they seems ok! ;)

Last edited:
Great job FAS.
Thank you for all you do for your customers!! new ideas are flying out of my head and fingers while playing your presets!!

I was just playing around with preset 376 'Fremen's Mini Drones'. After playing a view minutes within the scenes 1-7, the guitar sound stopped and only the "drone sound" continued to play. I noticed that the FM3 was frozen, I could only turn off the device. After switching it on again, I was able to play another view minutes, then the unit froze again.

I'm on the latest version of the factory presets 'FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4p0c.zip'

My volume is maxed out on boot, as if I have the EV1 toe down, even though it's at heel down. I have to use the EV1 to bring it back down. I think the feature to boot at 0 volume was added a long time ago, but is missing now. Not a big deal for me. Anyone else notice this?

I'm experiencing the same issues that @hubula is with the per preset fc feature.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what I'm doing wrong. I'm running the latest Cygnus and FM3-Edit. We have our first gig coming this weekend since COVID. I started investing more time on my presets to make it work in the live environment.

Issue #1
I added a volume pedal to control the overall volume of my preset. As I was editing last night, everything seemed to be working. When I turned on my unit today, I noticed I did not have audio. I finally figured out that the expression pedal and vol block weren't in synch. After troubleshooting I couldn't figure out what was causing it. So I did a reset in the Vol block by redoing my settings. Then it went back to normal, unfortunately, I have to do this every time I restart the FM3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d70mdi4xpgq9wh/FM3 Volume Issues.mp4?dl=0

Issue # 2
I started using the Per-Preset FC option. I use it to bypass an effect on certain presets. I use the Layout 3 - Switches 1 as followed.

Drive - Delay - Reverb

I kept noticing that it keept defaulting the switches to

Tuner - Trem Pan 1 - Delay 1

In order to fix this, I have to go to FM3 edit and click on Layout 3 - Switches 1. Then it changes it to Drive - Delay - Reverb. I also noticed that I changes Switch 3 to black (PerPrst #2).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik0z9f0jzyhkxm3/20210622_073019.mp4?dl=0

@BryantP Is this a bug?

Whenever I go on the stock preset 244 Horrorfest fm3 ...the preset works but I can't do anything else. Have to reboot while holding the home button in order to regain control. Fw 4.0

Attachments

• 20210622_190348.jpg
    20210622_190348.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Issue #1
I added a volume pedal to control the overall volume of my preset. As I was editing last night, everything seemed to be working. When I turned on my unit today, I noticed I did not have audio. I finally figured out that the expression pedal and vol block weren't in synch. After troubleshooting I couldn't figure out what was causing it. So I did a reset in the Vol block by redoing my settings. Then it went back to normal, unfortunately, I have to do this every time I restart the FM3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d70mdi4xpgq9wh/FM3 Volume Issues.mp4?dl=0
I had the same issue last week and reported it in the Bugs thread. I removed the expression control parameter in the OUT1 block and created a volume block as the last item before OUT 1 and the problem disappeared. I always used a volume block as the last on the grid and wanted to try putting it in OUT 1. I don't know if this is a new problem with 4.0 or existed before having never tried that config before.

I had a bit hard time batch loading the entire 3 banks of factory presets at once

FWIW I was able to bulk upload the newest factory presets from the "ALL" bank without an issue tonight; went perfectly as expected.

It's fantastic to have these presets refreshed and updated with new additions and tweaks to exploit all of the new functionality and creative ideas of the many contributors. A tip of the hat to everyone, especially @Admin M@...your hard work is appreciated.

It's going to take me months to get through all of these at the rate I'm going; I tried a few at random and ended up playing many for quite some time...and I haven't even gotten thru a large majority of the amps with Cygnus yet for the same reason. The amps in v4.00, and these factory presets, are so addictive to play I lose track of time constantly....so many amps/presets beg serious tweak-age and exploration and are a pure joy to rock out on.

Been with Fractal for 10+ years and it's awesome that they keep delivering the goods and providing stellar value...the excitement just never stops...rawk!

After all these years it warms my heart to to see\read\hear so many folks lovin the factory presets. I have since 2009, but hey that's just me! :)
90% of the presets I use are tweaked "factory Presets" for me and my gear and my ear!

After all these years it warms my heart to to see\read\hear so many folks lovin the factory presets. I have since 2009, but hey hat's just me! :)

Throughout the years I've always found the majority of factory presets to sound great, either 'as is' or with slight tweak-age. They've always been useful, and instructive, on how to pull sounds out of the device and inspire new ways of using FX, etc. There are amp/IR pairs and IR's mixes/combinations I discover that I really like and might never stumble across otherwise. Always something new to discover with factory presets...there are some killer FX/ambient/ethereal presets here I'm loving big time.

New banks are on the server. I updated the link in the original post. Here is a paste of that edit:

EDIT June 21: Link updated to version "c" with various minor fixes now in place.
This can be assumed to be a final version until future firmware warrants an update.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4p0c.zip
Hi Fractal !

Presets sound great with 4.00 Final :)

Quick question:-

=> once all the 16.04 Engine updates are implemented in the FM3 Firmware, will these existing presets automatically pickup and automatically apply the new engine changes -or- will they require further tweaking and further updated presets from [your] Fractals end (?)

Many thanks,
Ben

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom