FM3 External switch (Can each only have Dual Footswitch) for each?

I bought myself a Muslady MOSKY DUAL SWITCH Dual Footswitch Foot Switch Pedal for my FM3 which contains 2 switches and I bought a TRS cable for it.
I know that I can buy another one and add it to the other footswitch input but I used an expression pedal on footswitch 2.
My question is: Does the FM3 External switches only allow dual switches for the pedals or can I buy one that have more than 2 for example 4 and be able to use them?
I know I can add midi but midi pedals do not change scenes so I want to have an external footswitch with at least 4.
What are my options?

each pedal port can host 1 expression pedal or 2 switches. you cannot plug in something that has 4 switches into 1 pedal port.

what do you mean "midi pedals do not change scenes"?

each pedal port can host 1 expression pedal or 2 switches. you cannot plug in something that has 4 switches into 1 pedal port.

what do you mean "midi pedals do not change scenes"?
OK, thanks for clearing this ... I was going to buy a Fender MGT-4 Footswitch or something like that and it would have been for nothing :)
I saw a video in youtube about the Meloaudio Midi Commander and the Axe Fx 3 where they said that it couldn't change scenes via midi, so my thinking is that you cannot change scenes with midi on FM3? Is this not correct?
Thanks
Steven

OK, thanks for clearing this ... I was going to buy a Fender MGT-4 Footswitch or something like that and it would have been for nothing :)
I saw a video in youtube about the Meloaudio Midi Commander and the Axe Fx 3 where they said that it couldn't change scenes via midi, so my thinking is that you cannot change scenes with midi on FM3? Is this not correct?
Thanks
Steven
you can definitely change Scenes via MIDI. you send a MIDI value of 0 - 7 on a specific CC#.

some MIDI pedals can't send individual values, so it'd be that specific controller that can't change Scenes, not "midi" in general.

there are many, many midi controllers available that can switch scenes. MorningstarFX, Voes, RJM, etc. also the Fractal FC series can obviously interface with the FM3, as it's exactly designed for that.

you can definitely change Scenes via MIDI. you send a MIDI value of 0 - 7 on a specific CC#.

some MIDI pedals can't send individual values, so it'd be that specific controller that can't change Scenes, not "midi" in general.

there are many, many midi controllers available that can switch scenes. MorningstarFX, Voes, RJM, etc. also the Fractal FC series can obviously interface with the FM3, as it's exactly designed for that.

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at the ones you mentioned.
I'd like the get an FC-6 but at the moment I cannot afford it so until then I need an alternative.
Cheers!

Thanks
Steven

The Midi Commander does have an option to access 7 scenes and use the two buttons on the right for scrolling up and down through presets specifically set up for Fractal units. I tested it with the FM3 and it works as advertised. So this is excellent if that's exactly how you'd like to use the switches. Unfortunately, you cannot create your own custom layout and use buttons to select scenes, and in the custom layouts, you have no control over the right two switches, giving you only 6 switches to use.

This unit does not give you the same flexibility as other units mentioned above to design your own layouts. If you search for the Midi Commander here in the forum, you'll find more detail on this. I sent mine back and will likely move on to a Morningstar unit at some point.

Back
Top Bottom