Wish FM3 Edit for iPad plus Wireless/Bluetooth Connectivity

All of this is just hearsay and one person's view unless you have the data to support and justify the time and the cost to do the development.
The thing is that this is not just a "nifty" thing to have. More and more people does not even own computers anymore and only run a tablet. Having an app or not will be a deciding factor for many customers soon if they will even be able to use a product or not.

I sincerely hope Fractal gets going and start developing this ASAP. It doesn't even need BT/wireless tbh (although beneficial), a wired connection to an iPad app would be perfect in my case!
I guess most folks owning a FM3 use it for recording, too. Not sure those users would record to a smartphone or tablet.
Going out on a limp here, but I’d say the fraction of FM3 users who don’t own either a Mac or PC is low single digits.

I have Bluetooth connection option on a fender mustang gtx-50 for home practice. It works fairly well when you can get it connected (sync) however the connection setup is infuriating as with many Bluetooth devices. But not having to have a usb cord connection is nice. In order for this to work Fractal Audio needs to be involved. 3rd party stuff may work but usually involves a fair number of steps and adapters. Fracpad is still the best thing going at the moment to control/edit a Fractal unit from a device such as a tablet.

+1

It would be wonderful to have an iOS editor with me at all times. The iPad is already there for charts and setlists anyway, the mac not so much. :)

I really wish for a bluetooth or wi-fi connection to edit on the iPad, because my USB port is dead and I am unable to send it to a repair service currently. This would really be amazing. Fractal, please make it happen!

Back
Top Bottom