Wish FM3 Edit for iPad plus Wireless/Bluetooth Connectivity

jm9239

I love my FM3 (and Axe III) but REALLY wish FM3 Edit was available on iPad and that the FM3 could connect wirelessly to it (via a usb device). Please make this a reality. 🤞

Ps I know about Fracpad, and while great, it is not the same as FM3 edit, and I don’t want to use a BT/midi adapter.

Fracpad is built to work with touch input and to me that's the right decision. It's not always pretty but it's smart overall.

Support for plugging in a USB wifi/BT adaptor would be very welcome.

What would it take to have a proper fractal version on the app store? I also think this would be an awesome feature. Having no knowledge about this kind of technical stuff I was wondering if someone could tell how hard would be to do this or if you think it's an impossible task?

Thanks

What would it take to have a proper fractal version on the app store? I also think this would be an awesome feature. Having no knowledge about this kind of technical stuff I was wondering if someone could tell how hard would be to do this or if you think it's an impossible task?

Thanks
It needs to be developed from scratch. They could use some cross platform approaches to make it for both Android and iOS with shared code but it's still a lot of work.

The best solution to me would be to hire @AlGrenadine and work on polishing Fracpad to a level where it can be a true FM3-Edit alternative. He has already done majority of the hard work needed for it to control your FM3. It just isn't at the FM3-Edit level visually with a bunch of low res graphics, truncated text and element spacing that does not look good. Getting it to connect wirelessly was too inconsistent for me using the CME wireless adapters.

Fractal needs to add support for some 3rd party Wifi/BT adapters via the unused FM3 USB-A port so they can directly interface with Fracpad wirelessly and above all seamlessly. Or if it's better to do, release their own adapter. You would get wireless FM3-Edit in the process too.

Yesterday, I used Duet to put FM3 on my iPad. I just had to load FM3 on my MBP and move it from the MBP screen to the iPad. Only issue was not figuring out how to get the iPad keyboard on the screen so I could put in numerical values as opposed to using the knobs.

It would have to be a gen 2 to work right? Sorry I'm not in the know on these things but it would need a bluetooth connection, unless they made an adapter for bluetooth.

But yes, I would love a mobile version of edit

The thing is that this is not just a "nifty" thing to have. More and more people does not even own computers anymore and only run a tablet. Having an app or not will be a deciding factor for many customers soon if they will even be able to use a product or not.

I sincerely hope Fractal gets going and start developing this ASAP. It doesn't even need BT/wireless tbh (although beneficial), a wired connection to an iPad app would be perfect in my case!

The thing is that this is not just a "nifty" thing to have. More and more people does not even own computers anymore and only run a tablet. Having an app or not will be a deciding factor for many customers soon if they will even be able to use a product or not.

All of this is just hearsay and one person's view unless you have the data to support and justify the time and the cost to do the development.

Back
Top Bottom