FM3-Edit 1.05.03 (to support fw 5.0 public beta)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM3-Edit 1.05.03, which supports FM3 firmware 5.0 public beta, is available to download below:

OSX:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-OSX-v1p05p03.dmg

Win64:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p03.exe

Win32:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win32-v1p05p03.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.05.03
December 17, 2021

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 5.0

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 5.0 public beta
o Updated Compressor
o Updated MultiTap Delay
o Updated Plex Delay
o Updated Looper

* Corrected an issue in the Leveling Panel in which the Modifier state of the Out 1 and 2 levels were not being displayed.

* Modified the conversion of the DELAY block's TIME parameter to/from the Axe-Fx III / FM3.

* Added a context menu below the Save button for quick access to "Save to New Preset Number" and "Save All Blocks to Library".

* Added "Reset Current Channel" to the Channel dropdown menu.

* Added missing "Look-Ahead" controls to the JFET and Compander Compressor types.

* Added a "Sort A-Z" button to the Preset Picker. The sort preference is written to the settings file to preserve the selection.

* Added a "IR Output" setting to the Preferences : Cabinet Import category. This setting determines the format of the resulting Cab IR when importing .ir or .wav files.

* Added a "WAV Import" setting to the Preferences : Cabinet Import category. This setting determines which channel or channels are read from stereo .wav files when the .wav files are added to the Manage Browser pane. When in Manage Cabs, the "Wav Import" setting can be changed from the Browser menu by selecting the "WAV Import Format" submenu.

* The Cab Picker now displays an icon that reveals the format of each IR. (S) for standard resolution, (U) for UltraRes(tm), and (F) for FullRes(tm).

* The Manage Presets and Manage Cabs dialogs have been combined into one tabbed dialog. The existing shortcuts and top-level Tools menu items will launch the Manage dialog with the respective tab selected.

* Reordered the items in the TOOLS menu.

* Updated the internal Fractal-Bot to version 3.0.12.

* Corrected a bug in the picker window which prevented an item highlight by the JUMP buttons from being selected.

* Modified the Picker window's keyboard navigation to allow the RETURN/ENTER key to select an item.

* Modified the Picker window's keyboard navigation to select an item when the thumbtack is down (thumbtack is found in the upper-right of the dialog).

* Corrected a communication slowdown that was introduced in version 1.05.02.

* Corrected a bug in Manage Cabs Browser in which only the right-side of stereo .wav files would be read from the file.

* Corrected a bug in the Cab block where switching between the Align page and any other page extremely quickly would cause all the graphs to show regardless of the Mute selection.

* Corrected an issue in the Library "Save" command for single-channel Library entries: when saving a modified single-channel Library entry the active channel is now set to the currently selected channel.

* Added the ability for FM3-Edit to determine if the selected device is currently connected to another Fractal Audio application. Requires the minimum version of Fractal-Bot 3.00.12.

* Added Preset+Cab Bundle. A Preset+Cab Bundle contains one preset plus any User Cab Impulse Responses (IRs) used by that preset. Bundles make it easier to share sounds and are easy to export and import.

To export a Bundle, use the Preset / "Export Preset-Cab Bundle" menu. This will display the "Export Preset+Cab Bundle" dialog. IRs that this preset refers to but does not use are excluded but can be included manually by checking them. Examples include cabs that are muted or channels that are not referred to by any scene. Factory cabs cannot be exported/checked."

To import a bundle, use the Presets / "Import Preset" menu or drag-and-drop a bundle file onto the editor's main Preset display. This will display the "Import Preset+Cab Bunlde" dialog. This dialog unpacks a Preset-Cab Bundle and saves it ready-for-use to your Axe-Fx III. A Preset+Cab Bundle contains one preset plus all of the User Cab impulse Response (IRs) it requires. To proceed, you must select a location to save each of the items listed below. The preset will be updated automatically to refer to the location(s) you selected for the Cab(s).

PLEASE NOTE:

Starting with firmware 2.00, FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the FM3.
Previous versions of FM3-Edit (versions 1.01.10 or less) will not work with firmware 2.00 or greater.
FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) will continue to work with all previous firmware versions.

Thanks for this huge update of features, bug fixes, and usability improvements...great job...!

Added "Reset Current Channel" to the Channel dropdown menu.

While the release notes are extensive with additions/fixes, etc., this one, in particular, made me go "yessssssssssss!". I'll find this very, very useful, as well as all the new double-tap functions on the front panel.

A tip of the hat to everyone involved here....🎩🤠

Installed and Update to FW5Beta1 - Tools - setup - Config - Modling shows no entry in Spr Imp. Curve and nothing to choose...
May a bug ?!
On -Device I am able to set a global Curve but creating a new preset will select the default one fitting to the amp.
As far as I understood ther should be the global Curve I set.

Last edited:
Uninstall process remove folder content but not Deskop Icon so you have it 2 times. Only to mention.

Export Preset-Cab Bundle showing Message - not supported by this firmware.

Installed Firmware 5Beta1 second time and de-installed and new installed FM Edit 1.05.03

Edit: Windows x64 Version

Last edited:
I'm running into the new editor not always changing settings on the FM3, or sometimes it just lags quite a bit. Sometimes it just starts working again and other times I restart edit. Seems OK once it gets moving again, but it seems to go to sleep or something when you don't touch it for a while. Im using the x64 version on a windows 11 laptop.

I'm having connection problems with this version. FM3 periodically disconnects from my mac (macOS 10.15.7) and after a while the connection is restored. Downgrading to the previous version seems to have fixed the problem, I hope.

So far it looks great, good job!

However, regarding
* The Cab Picker now displays an icon that reveals the format of each IR. (S) for standard resolution, (U) for UltraRes(tm), and (F) for FullRes(tm).

- This doesn't seem to work. Out of the hundreds of IRs only a few have the (S) icon while all the others have none.
Do others see/have the same issue? Or did I miss out on something?

Messing with it some more, I noticed edit becomes unresponsive when I make another window active such as chrome. I go back to edit and it's acting sluggish if it is useable at all. It's quicker to close and reopen

However, regarding

- This doesn't seem to work. Out of the hundreds of IRs only a few have the (S) icon while all the others have none.
-same here and the other bugs mentioned in my former posts
it's acting sluggish
-also here - former version ran much more smoothly

-Not able to select a Global Impedance Curve (works in FM3)
-Comp Types JFET, Pedal 1/2 should not have Threshold Parameter

RELEASE NOTES

To import a bundle, use the Presets / "Import Preset" menu or drag-and-drop a bundle file onto the editor's main Preset display. This will display the "Import Preset+Cab Bunlde" dialog. This dialog unpacks a Preset-Cab Bundle and saves it ready-for-use to your Axe-Fx III.

However, regarding

I'm seeing the same thing too.

Don’t know if this has been reported but making on-device changes, for example changing presets but it applies to all on-device modifications, take a while to be reflected in FM3-Edit.

FM3-Edit -> FM3 : snappy
FM3 -> FM3-Edit : laggy

Windows 10 64-bit.

Don’t know if this has been reported but making on-device changes, for example changing presets but it applies to all on-device modifications, take a while to be reflected in FM3-Edit.

FM3-Edit -> FM3 : snappy
FM3 -> FM3-Edit : laggy

Windows 10 64-bit.
Sound quality is the highest priority, so there might have been concessions made to slow the Edit refresh in order to improve the sound. If there's a bug causing the lag it'll be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom