FM3-Edit 1.05.00 public beta 1

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM3-Edit 1.05.00 public beta 1 is available below:

OSX:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-OSX-v1p05p00-public-beta1.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p00-public-beta1.exe

Win32:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win32-v1p05p00-public-beta1.exe

This build supports firmware 4.00 beta 5:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-4-00-beta-5.173859/#post-2106749

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.05.00 Public Beta 1
June 10, 2021

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 3.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 4.00 public beta 5.
o Updated CABINET layout.
o Redesign of AMP block layout.
o Added "Zero All" to GEQ layout.
o Added Output 2 Configuration parameter "Output Type" to SETUP Audio/USB page.

* Added editor name to the "Preset Leveling" window.

* Added "Swap" sub-menu to Scene Mgr's dropdown menu.

* Added "Copy >>" and "Copy <<" buttons to the Perform view which copy all the Per-Preset controls to the Global controls and vice-versa.

* Added "Clear Per-Preset" and "Clear Global" buttons to the Perform view which clear all the controls from the Per-Preset or Global section.

* Corrected a bug in the Perform View which showed "ghosted" labels from a previous preset where a control does not exist in the current preset.

* Corrected a bug in which the Perform View closed when displaying the Controllers or Setup parameters.

* Corrected GAIN meter for COMPRESSOR Studio types.

* Extended the Block Library to include a Channel Library.
o The Block Library dialog displays the preset name as the default block name.

o The "Block Library: Save" and "Block Library: Save As" dialog provide the option of saving as an "entire block" or as the "current channel".

o "Save entire block" will save a block library entry as an entire block of all of its channels and modifiers. This is the "old" or "legacy" method. The icon of a quartered square with 4 colored sections denotes an entry saved as an entire block (all channels). Loading a block entry will overwrite all channels in the selected block.

o "Save only current channel" will save a block library entry containing only the currently selected channel. No modifiers will be saved. The icon of a quartered square with 1 central overlapping colored section denotes an entry saved as a single channel. Loading a channel entry will overwrite only the currently selected channel. Loading a channel entry into an empty grid space will insert a new block and load the entry into CHANNEL A.

Thanks for the update!

I'm still having an issue with OUTPUT 2 showing a level that's lower than OUTPUT 1 and the preset leveling window is cut off. I'm using a Windows 10 laptop with a 1920 x 1080 resolution screen and Windows scaling is set at 125%.

Capture.PNG

It looks like this latest FM3 editor engaged the auto wah block for all my presets (I don't have a physical wah connected). Is there a way to turn off this auto engage wah feature globally? I saw some setting in the midi/remote relating to wah.1623371879343.png

Thanks for the update!

I'm still having an issue with OUTPUT 2 showing a level that's lower than OUTPUT 1 and the preset leveling window is cut off. I'm using a Windows 10 laptop with a 1920 x 1080 resolution screen and Windows scaling is set at 125%.

View attachment 84669
Close the editor, delete the "FM3-Edit.settings" file, and then restart the editor.

The settings file is found in:
Windows: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\FM3-Edit
OSX: <user name>/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/FM3-Edit

Close the editor, delete the "FM3-Edit.settings" file, and then restart the editor.

That fixed the window sizing issue. Thanks!

Last edited:

I'm relatively new to this. But I saw where this was and mine is 40db different. Output 2 is very low.
I did the file deletion as you suggest. It does rebuild it but the 40db difference still persists?

The speaker compression gain meter still doesn’t work for me. I’m on using FM3-Edit on a Mc running MacOS 11.4. My FM3 is running FW 4.00b5.

Fantastic update.

Possible bug:

The OUT 2 output level meters don't seem to be calibrated yet.

Here's the scenario:
  • both physical OUT knobs are turned up fully
  • preset splits at the end into an OUT 1 block and an OUT 2 block (both blocks are reset)
  • Output 2 Type = LINE
The vertical meters in the OUT 2 block show less level than the ones in the Out 1 block.
This goes for the Preset Leveling window too.

Now, if the LINE level of Output 2 is lower than that of Output 1, this would be okay, but HOME > Meters show equal analog output level for Out 1 and Out 2.

Last edited:
Love the channel library - can finally save drive block settings, favourite cabs combinations, etc and import whats needed for each preset! Please get this in the AXEIII version soon! Thanks!

I'm relatively new to this. But I saw where this was and mine is 40db different. Output 2 is very low.
I did the file deletion as you suggest. It does rebuild it but the 40db difference still persists?
Just to clarify, I meant it fixed the window sizing issue, not the OUTPUT 2 meter bug.

I guess I found a small bug in the FM3-edit.

Go into the AMP block preamp section, modify the "bias excursion" to something like 150.13%, then go into the power tube + CF section and see that the "bias excursion" there is also modified. Then go into the FM3 and Advanced section, there the preamp excursion is the same as in FM3, but the power tube excursion is not modified at all :) Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom