FM3-Edit 1.04.01

If you assign a control-switch modifier to a parm and then turn it on for the current scene in the Controllers->CS per Scene it doesn't change the target to the 'on' value until you leave that scene and come back (or if you turn it off in the CS per Scene it exhibits the same behavior, will stay on the 'on' value until you switch scenes and come back).

I did notice this in the previous FM3-Edit as well, so it may not be a new bug.
I don't think that's a bug.

The CS Per Scene controls what happens when the scene is loaded, it isn't an "active" control for the CS.

I think you must use Ideal for that to work.

See the recent thread posted by yek:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ed-to-know-about-reset-an-amp-iii-fm3.173317/
Well, I tried that but it was early in the testing. I'll try it again.

A minute later... no joy, B/M/T immediately reset.

I found it!

Yek's post says:
Whether the basic gain and tone controls are left untouched, OR also return to default when performing a soft reset, depends on the value of TONE CONTROL DISPLAY in the SETUP > GLOBAL menu:
  • when set to AUTHENTIC: a soft reset will also return Drive and Bass / Middle/ Treble and Level to their default values
  • when set to IDEAL: a soft reset will leave the existing Drive and Bass / Middle/ Treble and Level settings alone
I reset the system and didn't reset that flag.

It's working again.

Last edited:
Well, I tried that but it was early in the testing. I'll try it again.

A minute later... no joy, B/M/T immediately reset.
You might need to restart the device after changing that one.

I seem to recall something about that when it got added to Axe Fx III. Worth a shot...

I'm getting a time out error again. I updated the firmware for FM3. Then I went to update the edit. I launch the edit and I get a time out repeatedly.

Strange problems with this knob. There is a reaction to the rotation of all other knobs.
The effect is on different amplifiers, but slightly different

Knob.PNG

Is just a change in the label of the knob or it affects the sound?
If you do not touch the handles on this tab, then it does not affect.
If you twist the other knobs, there is influence, while the marked knob rotates itself and it cannot be rotated, it goes to an arbitrary position.
Change via label doesn't work either

If you do not touch the handles on this tab, then it does not affect.
If you twist the other knobs, there is influence, while the marked knob rotates itself and it cannot be rotated, it goes to an arbitrary position.
Change via label doesn't work either
I have tried the same amp of your screenshot for a while and everything works fine, so no idea of what happens...

Back
Top Bottom