May 22, 2021

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 3.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

PLEASE NOTE:

Starting with firmware 2.00, FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the FM3.
Previous versions of FM3-Edit (versions 1.01.10 or less) will not work with firmware 2.00 or greater.
FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) will continue to work with all previous firmware versions.

* Support for firmware 4.0 public beta 1
o Updated the AMP block.
o Updated DELAY EQ layout to match REVERB EQ layout.

* Modified the COMPRESSOR layouts for the various compressor types for greater consistency in control placement.

* Modified the Setup and Controllers buttons to toggle their view.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow disabled controls to be dragged and assigned to a Perform View location.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow any part of the control to be clicked and dragged to a Perform View location.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow a control to be changed by holding SHIFT when the Perform View is visible.

* Added Save button to the Preset Leveling Panel.

* Added "Copy to End" to the Scene Mgr's dropdown menu. This will copy the current scene to all of the scenes that follow. For example, selecting "Copy to End" from Scene 3 will copy Scene 3 to Scenes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

* Added "Copy >>" and "Copy <<" buttons to the Perform view which copy all the Per-Preset controls to the Global controls and vice-versa.

* Added "Clear Per-Preset" and "Clear Global" buttons to the Perform view which clear all the controls from the Per-Preset or Global section.

* Corrected the placement of the LO FI header in the Drive block's Advanced page.

* Corrected a bug in the Perform View which showed "ghosted" labels from a previous preset where a control does not exist in the current preset.

* Corrected a bug in which the Perform View closed when displaying the Controllers or Setup parameters.

* The frequency graphs in the various blocks now show a frequency cursor when the mouse is moved within the graph.

WINDOWS USERS PLEASE NOTE

Fractal Audio recently renewed its digital signing certificate. As such, you may be presented with the following dialog:

1619047782042.png

Simply select the "More info" line and then press the "Run anyway" button.

1619047872806.png

Rest assured that the installer has been signed. You can verify this by right-clicking on the installer and viewing its properties.

1619048047516.png

Last edited:
Thank you!...
Amp block dynamics page is showing Input Dynamics which AFAIK isn't supported on FM3(yet).

Hmmm, I'm unable to download it here. On Windows10 (20H2) keep getting the following error. I disabled virus protection and still get the same error. Anyone else? No problem with anything else just this specific file.
Here's the error:

Last edited:
Michael - the quality of the editors are amazing. Consistent across platforms, perfectly designed, making it a breeze to create - which after all is the goal.
they are like perfect tools to a sound designer’s palette, while the modeller is the paint and canvass.
I just want to express my sincere admiration and thanks for continuing to create these amazing tools.
Thank you!

Thank you!!!

In order to reset the amp blocks, is it enough to use the "Refresh after new FW" tool, or do we need to reset each channel of each amp block in each preset?

Sorry if it has been asked before!

"Refresh" and "reset" are totally different things.

Hmmm, I'm unable to download it here. On Windows10 (20H2) keep getting the following error. I disabled virus protection and still get the same error. Anyone else? No problem with anything else just this specific file.
Here's the error:

Just click on "see more" and "run anyway"!

Looks like the problem was the Microsoft Edge Browser here v90.0.818.66 since it doesn't happen with the Chrome browser. My fault, the newest Edge browser version (90.0.818.66) also allows you to over ride it, but they changed the option location so I didn't find it right away.

Last edited:
FM3-Edit 1.04.00 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-edit/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.04.00
May 22, 2021

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 3.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

PLEASE NOTE:

Starting with firmware 2.00, FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the FM3.
Previous versions of FM3-Edit (versions 1.01.10 or less) will not work with firmware 2.00 or greater.
FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) will continue to work with all previous firmware versions.

* Support for firmware 4.0 public beta 1
o Updated the AMP block.
o Updated DELAY EQ layout to match REVERB EQ layout.

* Modified the COMPRESSOR layouts for the various compressor types for greater consistency in control placement.

* Modified the Setup and Controllers buttons to toggle their view.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow disabled controls to be dragged and assigned to a Perform View location.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow any part of the control to be clicked and dragged to a Perform View location.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow a control to be changed by holding SHIFT when the Perform View is visible.

* Added Save button to the Preset Leveling Panel.

* Added "Copy to End" to the Scene Mgr's dropdown menu. This will copy the current scene to all of the scenes that follow. For example, selecting "Copy to End" from Scene 3 will copy Scene 3 to Scenes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

* Added "Copy >>" and "Copy <<" buttons to the Perform view which copy all the Per-Preset controls to the Global controls and vice-versa.

* Added "Clear Per-Preset" and "Clear Global" buttons to the Perform view which clear all the controls from the Per-Preset or Global section.

* Corrected the placement of the LO FI header in the Drive block's Advanced page.

* Corrected a bug in the Perform View which showed "ghosted" labels from a previous preset where a control does not exist in the current preset.

* Corrected a bug in which the Perform View closed when displaying the Controllers or Setup parameters.

* The frequency graphs in the various blocks now show a frequency cursor when the mouse is moved within the graph.

I was actually going to chance it and try out Cygnus without FM3-Edit today as I am not that good at operating the unit from the front panel. I basically lean on FM3-Edit for everything. But dude, on a Saturday? Support doesn't get better than that!! Congrats and much thanks to Cliff and the whole FAS team! I am thoroughly grateful for their hard work!!!!

Time to jam with some Cygnus goodness!

I found a few possible bugs:
  • On the amp block, the input dynamics gain meter is stuck at -9.1dB (I thought that the FM3 didn’t have the input dynamics control?)
  • On the amp block, the speaker drive gain meter is stuck at -6dB regardless of how the speaker drive and speaker compression controls are set
  • The bottom of the preset leveling window is truncated:
    Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 11.22.51.png

Here's the error:

I have Win10 20H2, get the same warning. Click on see more and you can use the file!

Back
Top Bottom