VERSION 1.02.00
November 25, 2020

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 2.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION
PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 2.00, FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the FM3. Previous versions of FM3-Edit (versions 1.01.10 or less) will not work with firmware 2.00 or greater. FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) will continue to work with all previous firmware versions.
  • Support for firmware 2.00
  • Updated COMPRESSOR block layouts.
  • Updated AMP block layouts.
  • Added "Swap Scene" to the SCENES dropdown menu.
  • Added support for improved client-server protocol.
  • Added "Stack/Hold" to REVERB layout.
  • Added Help icon to the SWITCHES in the "FC Controllers" view.
  • Added support for importing block library files created with Axe-Edit III.
  • Corrected the Modifier Dialog’s graph from drawing outside its bounds.
  • Corrected an issue in which the A, B, C, and D hot-keys would not change the channel of the grid's currently selected effect when the Scene Manager was displayed.
  • Corrected an issue in which the X hot-key would not change the channel in the Controllers view.
  • The editor no longer closes the Controllers or the Setup screen when a preset change occurs.
  • Modified the editor so that the child windows, Preset Leveling and Axe-Change, are not closed when opening other editor panels.
  • Added two options to the Preferences dialog: "Read the Preset names at startup" and "Read the Cab names at startup". Both options are unchecked by default.
  • Added "Use Default Port" button to the Preferences dialog's General page. Pressing this button will open the first port found containing the name "FM3".
  • Application icon has been updated.
  • Updated the FM3 USB support for macOS Big Sur.

Last edited:
For some reason, I'm getting CPU usage warnings flickering off and on despite being around 66% CPU. Also still on FM3 firmware 1.06, haven't installed the beta yet.

1606353652464.png

Edit: It became less frequent after a few minutes, and isn't actually muting the output

Last edited:
FM3-Edit is available below to support the public beta of FM3 firmware 2.00.

OSX:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-OSX-v1p02p00.dmg

Win64:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p02p00.exe

Win32:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win32-v1p02p00.exe

FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-2-00-public-beta-1.167544/

RELEASE NOTES
VERSION 1.02.00, November 25, 2020, Current FM3 Firmware Version: 2.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION
PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 2.00, FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the FM3. Previous versions of FM3-Edit (versions 1.01.10 or less) will not work with firmware 2.00 or greater. FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) will continue to work with all previous firmware versions.
  • Support for firmware 2.00
  • Updated COMPRESSOR block layouts.
  • Updated AMP block layouts.
  • Added "Swap Scene" to the SCENES dropdown menu.
  • Added support for improved client-server protocol.
  • Added "Stack/Hold" to REVERB layout.
  • Added Help icon to the SWITCHES in the "FC Controllers" view.
  • Added support for importing block library files created with Axe-Edit III.
  • Corrected the Modifier Dialog’s graph from drawing outside its bounds.
  • Corrected an issue in which the A, B, C, and D hot-keys would not change the channel of the grid's currently selected effect when the Scene Manager was displayed.
  • Corrected an issue in which the X hot-key would not change the channel in the Controllers view.
  • The editor no longer closes the Controllers or the Setup screen when a preset change occurs.
  • Modified the editor so that the child windows, Preset Leveling and Axe-Change, are not closed when opening other editor panels.
  • Added two options to the Preferences dialog: "Read the Preset names at startup" and "Read the Cab names at startup". Both options are unchecked by default.
  • Added "Use Default Port" button to the Preferences dialog's General page. Pressing this button will open the first port found containing the name "FM3".
  • Application icon has been updated.
  • Updated the FM3 USB support for macOS Big Sur.
Hi Michael: Are the downloads for updated 1.02. editor for OSX/Mac in link above not working? Mine is hanging up and not downloading...

Can test once editor is available. As folks will find, the public 1.01 current editor is NOT gonna work with the new beta 2.0

Hi Michael: Are the downloads for updated 1.02. editor for OSX/Mac in link above not working? Mine is hanging up and not downloading...

Can test once editor is available. As folks will find, the public 1.01 current editor is NOT gonna work with the new beta 2.0

My mac worked OK downloading the new update, one of the few things it did without issue

The CPU "warning" message is also wild flashing when FM3 edit 1.02 is connected to my FM3 v. 1.06 and using only factory presets.

Use the previous version of FM3-Edit when using firmware 1.06 and earlier.

Last edited:
For some reason, I'm getting CPU usage warnings flickering off and on despite being around 66% CPU. Also still on FM3 firmware 1.06, haven't installed the beta yet.

View attachment 75539

Edit: It became less frequent after a few minutes, and isn't actually muting the output
I see this too on some of my presets the past week. Didn't think its a bug. I install the new FW today and see....

Working great so far! Had an issue with the preset names not showing sometimes, and needing to refresh, apparently fixed with this new one and new non-beta firmware

No problems with the downloads and installation. Still a great piece of gear and its kicking ass. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom