FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which preset list? You probably had not refreshed it yet (press the Refresh icon) after loading the new presets.
Yes, and no surprise, Yek, you are right. And thank you, I would have missed that point, for a while, otherwise.

Reactions: yek
Hi all, ive just uploaded these into my fm3 but for some reason my ev2 thats used for global volume isnt working unless i go into evey preset individualy and specify it in the outout block.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hi all, ive just uploaded these into my fm3 but for some reason my ev2 thats used for global volume isnt working unless i go into evey preset individualy and specify it in the outout block.

Anyone else have this issue?
Nothing changed there. You should not change the presets -- you should do that globally as directed in the FM3 Owner's Manual on p. 11

Using a modifier in the Output block is also -- in general -- not the wisest way to control volume. You could accidentally go to +20 pretty easily.

If the global setting "Default Scene"is set to "As Saved", then some presets (e.g. Double Verb, A-Class 15, Valentine's Massacre and more...) don't default to scene 1 upon loading. Applies to the new FM3 as well as new Axe-Fx III presets.
This is definitely intentional as the natural progression of scenes often results in something other than scene 1 being the most fun.

I m only in beta 2 and with new factory preset the fm3 freeze also in the edit just in preset number 3

Hi

I got my FM3 about a month ago and have never updated it. I watched youtube video on getting the fractal bot guy, and then the update. i was just wondering if i can just upgrade it now to cygnus? i am not sure but thought it said i was on 1.4?? but this is 4.x? i didn't know if i could jump on this

I figured since i am still so new to it and have 0 of my own presets and this is such a big step up i might as well grab this and start my journey on Cygnus

thanks for any help on best practices

Hi

I got my FM3 about a month ago and have never updated it. I watched youtube video on getting the fractal bot guy, and then the update. i was just wondering if i can just upgrade it now to cygnus? i am not sure but thought it said i was on 1.4?? but this is 4.x? i didn't know if i could jump on this

I figured since i am still so new to it and have 0 of my own presets and this is such a big step up i might as well grab this and start my journey on Cygnus

That's FM3-Edit — the editor — that's at version 1.04.

Go ahead and update to Cygnus!

Hi

You can go ahead and update if you want. It is not that hard at all. I am just going to wait for a non beta version before I switch. Right now my unit sounds great and I know it will sound even better with cygnus. I am just waiting for the bug free version. I am proud of all the people trying it out and fixing the bugs before I update.

Reactions: Rex
These are so good, I am compelled to chime in. I've never used any stock or third-party presets as-is but I do plan to use these. The Marshall presets are SO good.

I was looking for a sound for Jimmy Olsen's Blues. Scene 1 in Plexi 50W preset: BAM! All I needed for the solo was to activate the drive block. Everything stock. Amazing.

Diatonic Chimes is brilliant
you can play single note and get what sounds almost like a piano playing a melody iif you play the the low note first then the octave

These sets are amazing!! Another gripe I have had over the years is companies not providing useful presets to get started and shows the units potential. These are that in spades, I can build my presets but I don't have to. I'm just using your presets now and adjusting small things I need.

Thank you from a user since the standard

Some random findings in Banks A and B and C:

Default scene:
If the global setting "Default Scene"is set to "As Saved", then some presets (e.g. Double Verb, A-Class 15, Valentine's Massacre and more...) don't default to scene 1 upon loading. Applies to the new FM3 as well as new Axe-Fx III presets.

BE/HBE
The presets aren't in sync with the III-version.

USA MK IV
The preset isn't in sync with the III-version.

MATCHBOX CHIEFTAIN
The FM version misses scene 7 from the III-version.

CAROL-ANN OD2
In scene 8 "Foxey Flange" the flanger is bypassed.

STUDIO CLEAN
Misses the Plex Delay, so the "Plex" scene doesn't work as intended.

DJENTLEMANLY
The sound of the FM3 and III versions is different, because a cab is muted in the FM3 version.

LIMELIGHT / LIME LIGHT
The stereo image of the III and FM3 versions is different. Maybe caused by the difference in amp blocks, maybe by something else, idk.

GLASS LEAD
Weird ....The sound of the FM3 version has more sparkle than the one for the III. It's something in the Cab block (because the sound is the same after resetting the Cab block), but I can't find the cause.

GALAXY FORMATION
The FM3 version misses a Reverb block in the parallel row, which messes up the stereo image (compared to the III-version).

CRYSTAL REVERB(S)
Totally minor thing, but the FM3 version has a chorus engaged in scene 4, where the III-version doesn't.

VALENTINE'S MASSACRE
Drive is bypassed in the scenes, in the III-version it isn't.

TOUCH LFO FILTER FM3
Doesn't sound quite right ... Especially compared to the III version.

UP/DN POLYPITCH
The amp settings in the FM3 preset are different from the III version.

U-VIBE AND ROTARY
The III version has a Drive engaged in scene 1, the FM3 version hasn't.

IN A CAVE
To sound more like the III version, the MTD needs more diffusion to smear the delay repeats.

STEREO TAPE DELAYS
In scene 4 the delay time (channel D) is different from the III version.

THE ABYSS
The amp level and cathode follower settings in the FM3 version are different from the III.

6TH STONE FM3
The title indicates that this preset is different from the one from the III, but I don't see/hear differences.

AUTO WAH FUNK
There's a delay engaged in the "Clean Dry" scene.

SCI FI DELAYS
The first Compressor's sidechain source should be "Block L+R".

PURPLE FLANGE FM3
The position of the Flanger in this preset makes it stereo, where the Axe-Fx version is mono (except for one scene).

BRITTLE COMP RHYTHM
The FM3 preset has less scenes than the one on the III.

ROTARY TAPEVERB
The FM3 preset has less scenes than the one on the III.

MR.GILMOUR LEAD
The Wah is engaged in scene 1.

SHIFTED BAND DELAYS
MTD effect sounds different on the FM3, don’t know why.

BAYOU COUNTRY
The state of the Tremolo block in the FM3 version isn't in line with the scene names and the III-version.

STONE IN LOVE
Scene 1 (Intro) says "Left Side", but the sound is panned to the right. Also, the sound in the III version isn't as hard-panned as in the FM3 version.

FIFTH TRIBE
The Amp Level in the FM3 version is MUCH lower than on the III.

CIRCUITBENDERS
Something not quite right with the FM3 version.

ROCKMEON CLEAN
Scene 8 mentiones a TM block, but there's none in the FM3.

STEVENS REBEL YELL
The FM3 preset sounds different from the one in the III, because it misses the TMA block without EQ substitution. Also scenes 2 and 3 have different names but are identical.

PETE THORN's PRESET
Lot of volume difference between the FM3 and III versions, because of the Comp block at the end in the III version. Volume differences because of Comp blocks is something that applies to more presets.

OUT1:FOH: OUT2:CAB
Different presets on FM3 and III, maybe by design.

Also finished.

@Admin M@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom