FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whow, just tried a few presets and clearly have to say: never had any "factory" presets sound so good and usable - I'm totally blown away.
Surely much of this comes from Cygnus itself, but these presets are a nice way to not have to spent much time on tweaking to just feel the full potential of Cygnus. Thanks FAS (and everyone else involved)!

Some random findings in Banks A and B and C:

Default scene:
If the global setting "Default Scene"is set to "As Saved", then some presets (e.g. Double Verb, A-Class 15, Valentine's Massacre and more...) don't default to scene 1 upon loading. Applies to the new FM3 as well as new Axe-Fx III presets.

BE/HBE
The presets aren't in sync with the III-version.

USA MK IV
The preset isn't in sync with the III-version.

MATCHBOX CHIEFTAIN
The FM version misses scene 7 from the III-version.

CAROL-ANN OD2
In scene 8 "Foxey Flange" the flanger is bypassed.

STUDIO CLEAN
Misses the Plex Delay, so the "Plex" scene doesn't work as intended.

DJENTLEMANLY
The sound of the FM3 and III versions is different, because a cab is muted in the FM3 version.

LIMELIGHT / LIME LIGHT
The stereo image of the III and FM3 versions is different. Maybe caused by the difference in amp blocks, maybe by something else, idk.

GLASS LEAD
Weird ....The sound of the FM3 version has more sparkle than the one for the III. It's something in the Cab block (because the sound is the same after resetting the Cab block), but I can't find the cause.

GALAXY FORMATION
The FM3 version misses a Reverb block in the parallel row, which messes up the stereo image (compared to the III-version).

CRYSTAL REVERB(S)
Totally minor thing, but the FM3 version has a chorus engaged in scene 4, where the III-version doesn't.

VALENTINE'S MASSACRE
Drive is bypassed in the scenes, in the III-version it isn't.

TOUCH LFO FILTER FM3
Doesn't sound quite right ... Especially compared to the III version.

UP/DN POLYPITCH
The amp settings in the FM3 preset are different from the III version.

U-VIBE AND ROTARY
The III version has a Drive engaged in scene 1, the FM3 version hasn't.

IN A CAVE
To sound more like the III version, the MTD needs more diffusion to smear the delay repeats.

STEREO TAPE DELAYS
In scene 4 the delay time (channel D) is different from the III version.

THE ABYSS
The amp level and cathode follower settings in the FM3 version are different from the III.

6TH STONE FM3
The title indicates that this preset is different from the one from the III, but I don't see/hear differences.

AUTO WAH FUNK
There's a delay engaged in the "Clean Dry" scene.

SCI FI DELAYS
The first Compressor's sidechain source should be "Block L+R".

PURPLE FLANGE FM3
The position of the Flanger in this preset makes it stereo, where the Axe-Fx version is mono (except for one scene).

BRITTLE COMP RHYTHM
The FM3 preset has less scenes than the one on the III.

ROTARY TAPEVERB
The FM3 preset has less scenes than the one on the III.

MR.GILMOUR LEAD
The Wah is engaged in scene 1.

SHIFTED BAND DELAYS
MTD effect sounds different on the FM3, don’t know why.

BAYOU COUNTRY
The state of the Tremolo block in the FM3 version isn't in line with the scene names and the III-version.

STONE IN LOVE
Scene 1 (Intro) says "Left Side", but the sound is panned to the right. Also, the sound in the III version isn't as hard-panned as in the FM3 version.

FIFTH TRIBE
The Amp Level in the FM3 version is MUCH lower than on the III.

CIRCUITBENDERS
Something not quite right with the FM3 version.

ROCKMEON CLEAN
Scene 8 mentiones a TM block, but there's none in the FM3.

STEVENS REBEL YELL
The FM3 preset sounds different from the one in the III, because it misses the TMA block without EQ substitution. Also scenes 2 and 3 have different names but are identical.

PETE THORN's PRESET
Lot of volume difference between the FM3 and III versions, because of the Comp block at the end in the III version. Volume differences because of Comp blocks is something that applies to more presets.

OUT1:FOH: OUT2:CAB
Different presets on FM3 and III, maybe by design.

Last edited:
Some really nice surprises here. Looking for more when the official version comes out. Can hear the improvements best on the new presets/scenes because I already tweaked the old standbys when Cygnus became available.

checked out some of the presets and man there is some crazy stuff in the , growling grinning ghosts, to broken switches and cable shorts
Avant garde Jazz scenes names made me lol , the artist and contributors all the new soundtrack movie type swells and effects are killer
and Fremen Drones present is good fun , nice work to all , I think there is something for everyone here

New to Fractal world just received my FM3...updated to firmware 4b and tried to load new presets "all banks" using Fractal Bot but new presets
are not showing up on FM3 or Edit, but Bot says they have been transferred to FM3...tried refresh no go, also rebooted FM3. Is there something I missed or should I just load through manage presets? Excited to be onboard the Fractal Express!!

just updated and OUT2 is still quiet. Using a Friedman ASC12 and with OUT2 cranked all the way up for unity gain I have to max out the volume on my Friedman. I used to have it half way up and it was loud enough to gig. I have OUT1 copied to OUT2 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks to all for this. I picked up some new speakers I'm trying with my FM3 (swans M5A) upgrade to Cygnus and downloaded the presets in one play.

So many great tones with little tweaking needed. My old FM3 setup through katana mk ii head and guitar cab wasn't getting me there I had to tweak a lot to get the tones where I was relatively happy. Sure the flat speakers helped a ton but I first tried the old presets / firmware and the software upgrades are a good part of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom