FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends, Fans, and Forumites:

The FM3 Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C for Cygnus are here! These are completely dialed in to showcase the latest and greatest features of the FM3 and Cygnus Amp Modeling. With these new banks installed, you won't need to worry about any kind of reset — simply install and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
IMPORTANT: These banks require FM3 firmware version 4, currently available in beta on this forum.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4-preview1.zip

The easiest way to install is to use the "All Banks" file, included in the zip.

NOTES:
The FM3 factory preset banks were converted from the new, updated Axe-Fx III banks and include numerous improvements. Those banks include new entries from my private collection, plus some from the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @BurgsKingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, @Marco Fanton and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)
  • The presets now include many "Per-Preset Performance Controls".
  • Many presets have additional scenes, great for your OMG9 or OMG15 rig!
  • In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".
  • This is a "preview" release, meaning that some additional work will follow, particularly in Bank A, where each preset will have at least three scenes like most of those in these new Banks B and C already do.
  • 🦢🦢🦢
I’m going through them slowly but surely. Starting with bank A. Made it to Shiver so far. Everything sounds SO GOOD.

I’m getting my Fractal FM3 next monday. It seems to be a great timing. New FW4 beta is out and New Factory Banks waiting for to get things started.

The 8 scenes of these presets are with empty name:
BANK A
Glass Lead
Get Your Kicks
Subtle Blues
Chainsaw 88
Deluxe Tape
Tiny Terrier

I noticed at least 1 or 2 preset names that don't match between the Preset page in FM3 Edit and what shows up after you select the preset.

For example:
I click on "presets" in FM3-Edit to get the list of all the presets. I see preset 338 listed as "Raja Drone". When I select it, the preset name is shown as "How Soon is Soon?".

Friends, Fans, and Forumites:

The FM3 Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C for Cygnus are here! These are completely dialed in to showcase the latest and greatest features of the FM3 and Cygnus Amp Modeling. With these new banks installed, you won't need to worry about any kind of reset — simply install and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
IMPORTANT: These banks require FM3 firmware version 4, currently available in beta on this forum.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4-preview1.zip

The easiest way to install is to use the "All Banks" file, included in the zip.

NOTES:
The FM3 factory preset banks were converted from the new, updated Axe-Fx III banks and include numerous improvements. Those banks include new entries from my private collection, plus some from the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @BurgsKingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, @Marco Fanton and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)
  • The presets now include many "Per-Preset Performance Controls".
  • Many presets have additional scenes, great for your OMG9 or OMG15 rig!
  • In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".
  • This is a "preview" release, meaning that some additional work will follow, particularly in Bank A, where each preset will have at least three scenes like most of those in these new Banks B and C already do.
  • 🦢🦢🦢
Thanks Matt & FAS for all your tireless work. You make us sound too good. With FAS Modelers we finally have Talent Boost Pedals! ;-)

Awesome!!

Is it possible to import a portion of the banks, bit by bit so I can keep some of my presets? I didn't want to overwrite everything just yet.

My FM3 locked up twice when copying all at once using Manage Presets. I ended up doing it in batches of 100 with no issues.

Basic newbie question: I downloaded the 3 Cygnus banks, and used Fractal-Bot to (I think) load them onto my FM3. Because I had a couple of presets I'd worked on in Bank A, I loaded the new banks into B-D. Are those new banks now actually on my FM3, but perhaps displaying with names different than what shows up on FM3-Edit (until I refresh the names, as detailed by yek, above)?

Y'all weren't kidding!

Our move is finally done (sort of) but my Axe3 is still packed. I was able to carve out a 4' square in between all the boxes and unpack my FM3 and floor monitor.

I was stuck on preset one for about half an hour...and everything else I tried was killer as well! Great job by everyone at FAS!

Last edited:
upgraded to beta 4.03 and updated 3 banks of presets. Volume with my CLR would now be unusable for a gig barely loud enough for home. Big change from previous firmware. Help suggestions?

upgraded to beta 4.03 and updated 3 banks of presets. Volume with my CLR would now be unusable for a gig barely loud enough for home. Big change from previous firmware. Help suggestions?
is it out 2 that your sending to the CLR?
what if you use out 1

i guess its out 2 because it is 1/4" haven't tried out 1 because i don't have the proper cable but it is the exact setup I had before updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom