FM3 CPU usage

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
I've opened a bunch of FM3 factory preset on my axe fx and the highest cpu percentage I've seen is around 52-53%, I assume that corresponds to the 80% safe limit on the FM3.
Not bad at all!

But I suppose part of that "score" is due to the cab block being processed by an accelerator rather than the main dsp core (which on the axe fx, with two ultrares IRs loaded, takes up ~14%), so if you're using presets without a cab block the limit should correspond to roughly 40% on the axe, or ~47% when using just one IR, I guess.

Can't wait to see it in action

Thats awesome if the safe mark is 80%
Someone also posted a few from the preset list looks like they have added a bunch of new ones as well

Thats awesome if the safe mark is 80%
Someone also posted a few from the preset list looks like they have added a bunch of new ones as well
Yes, the manual says the safe limit is 80% just like the axe fx, but on the axe fx I've been able to push it even to 87-88% without any issue, maybe it'll be similar on the fm3 too.

Me thinks that 52-53% is based on the ax3 total DSP. Not sure how the that will relate in the Fm3, but I assume it will be higher.
Obviously it is based on the axe fx 3. Read again my first post, you might have misunderstood something 😉

Back
Top Bottom