FM3 CPU Usage up 20% on Scene 3?

Quinto

Hello, Im VERY new to Fractal, and I just received my FM3 and Im loving it so far!

Im just having a peculiar problem where on my first two presets on bank 000 and 001 when I change my scene to scene 3 on these two presets, my cpu usage jumps up to about a steady 85% when switching to scene 3... When using any other scene, my cpu usage drops to about 60-65%... When I use any preset past that with the same chain used, it stays at a steady 70-75%...

My Chain is

Input 1>Pitch>Drive>Gate>Amp>Delay+Reverb in Parallel>Cab to Out 1 and No Cab to Out 2

I tried seeing if it was my effects or my amps, but it seems that it doesnt change anything... Has anyone else had this? If so, did you find a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello, Im VERY new to Fractal, and I just received my FM3 and Im loving it so far!

Im just having a peculiar problem where on my first two presets on bank 000 and 001 when I change my snapshot to snapshot 3 on these two presets, my cpu usage jumps up to about a steady 85% when switching to Snapshot 3... When using any other snapshot, my cpu usage drops to about 60-65%... When I use any preset past that with the same chain used, it stays at a steady 70-75%...

My Chain is

Input 1>Pitch>Drive>Gate>Amp>Delay+Reverb in Parallel>Cab to Out 1 and No Cab to Out 2

I tried seeing if it was my effects or my amps, but it seems that it doesnt change anything... Has anyone else had this? If so, did you find a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Check to see if any blocks are changing channels on that 'scene' (snapshot is a Helix term). The CPU load of some effect types withing a given block can vary quite a bit.

Post the preset for others to look at if you can.

Last edited:
Check to see if any blocks are changing channels on that 'scene' (snapshot is a Helix term). The CPU load of some effect types withing a given block can vary quite a bit.

Post the preset for others to look at if you can.
Lol I came from Helix! Lol all terms fixed. AHH I see, I guess since I was fiddling around on my reverbs, both of those scenes had Rich Hall on, one of the channels and I had them switched to that on both those presets. It makes all the sense now! Thank you for your help! Now I can can stress out much less.

Im just having a peculiar problem where on my first two presets on bank 000 and 001 when I change my scene to scene 3 on these two presets, my cpu usage jumps up to about a steady 85% when switching to scene 3... When using any other scene, my cpu usage drops to about 60-65%... When I use any preset past that with the same chain used, it stays at a steady 70-75%...

My Chain is

Thanks in advance!
Scene 3 may be changing channels in a block to a Type that uses more CPU.

in FM3-Edit, click the Block Info button to toggle to a view that shows the Channels. see what's changing as you change Scenes, then adjust that Channel as needed.

Back
Top Bottom