FM3+ Could this be a thing?

Confirmed: FM3.5 coming soon.
Ha, Ha....probably on paper. So far in Europe no one "normal" has even seen FM9, which theoretically has been for a year. What a beautiful dream! :)

Besides, I don't see a reason. There are 3 products (FX, FM3, FM9), each for a different user. It seems to me that sooner some optimization of the firmware and it will be ok.

I own a Quad Cortex. It's a really fun unit. Capturing amps is a really cool feature, thus why I own it (and I only need a small reason to buy a new toy).
I thought about gigging it, and decided against it for a few reasons.

(taking sound quality out of the conversation)
1) It is not even remotely close to the same build quality as a Fractal foot pedal.
2) It gets hot just sitting on my desktop, and it's pitched up on a mesh computer stand, to allow the most optimal cooling.
3) It's buggy - go on FB and look at all of the people who seem to brick the unit - I don't trust it. Does it have something to do with how much tech they packed into this unit (and it not being able to run/cool properly)....I have no idea. All I know is it's not even close to as 'drunk proof' as Fractal products.

If Cliff and team put as much tech (1 DSP) into the FM3 as they thought was appropriate, and it means my unit is more stable - that is exactly what I want. That said - the FM3 sounds better :)
For me the QC never got hot from what I remember. As for bricking, I've had my FM3 crash and have had non-working footswitches happen on it. These things happen in software products.

Don't agree with the FM3 sounding better except for effects and the SLO model. I could dial them to sound very much the same. Sold the QC mainly because it was such a half baked product on the effects side.

If I could get QC hardware and UI with Fractal modeling and features I'd be very happy. Since that's not happening, I'll take a FM3+ or "FM0" if Fractal wants to do one.

Ha, Ha....probably on paper. So far in Europe no one "normal" has even seen FM9, which theoretically has been for a year. What a beautiful dream! :)

Besides, I don't see a reason. There are 3 products (FX, FM3, FM9), each for a different user. It seems to me that sooner some optimization of the firmware and it will be ok.
The FM9 was announced on 8/27/21... Hardly a year.

Does anybody here know what the right settings for the fx loop block is ? And the i/o settings I'm using the axe fx 2 and an overdrive in the loop and I get signal but the noise floor is really high I know that I can just put it in the front of the axe but this way is suposed to work and I'm putting the block in front of the amp on the grid

Does anybody here know what the right settings for the fx loop block is ? And the i/o settings I'm using the axe fx 2 and an overdrive in the loop and I get signal but the noise floor is really high I know that I can just put it in the front of the axe but this way is suposed to work and I'm putting the block in front of the amp on the grid
Not the right thread...

Man umes thread police over here haha with all that time you couldve answered my question (joke...Gilly) haha I got it figured out though cap'n
I am a bit interested in what kind of thought process made you decide that this particular thread was the right place to ask a completely unrelated question when you could have picked a thread about fx loops or made a new one? I have seen this online more often than not and still cannot figure out why anyone would do it like that.

I am a bit interested in what kind of thought process made you decide that this particular thread was the right place to ask a completely unrelated question when you could have picked a thread about fx loops or made a new one? I have seen this online more often than not and still cannot figure out why anyone would do it

I am a bit interested in what kind of thought process made you decide that this particular thread was the right place to ask a completely unrelated question when you could have picked a thread about fx loops or made a new one? I have seen this online more often than not and still cannot figure out why anyone would do it like that.
You're only a bit interested ? Haha oh laxu that's just like you...turn down to medium heat put the lid back on the pot and simmer
Cap'n
In all seriousness I'm new here and as stupid as it sounds I couldn't figure out how to create a thread and there is no thread anywhere close to what I was looking for but if ya can help that would be cool
and much more constructive
and I have read through alot of threads and people go off topic it happens I didn't think it was too big of a deal

Haha now I see the post a thread thing staring me right In the face
I'm an idiot haha
I got it fingered out

Back
Top Bottom