Fixed FM3 Clicking & noise on audio out

Mick Gillies

Hi all,

Just upgraded from my trusty AX8 to the FM3.
The FM3 arrived from the distributor with firmware 1.05. I downloaded the latest FM3 edit and USB drivers (Win), hooked it up and got nothing but noise on the audio 1 out. When I say noise, regular clicking (about 1 a second), crackling and if there is any signal plugged into the FM3, it comes out very weak and distorted. Re-booted the FM3 and this time got a high pitched tone that slowly dropped in frequency. Re-booted again and finally got the clean, expected output from the FM3.
The FM3 then worked fine for and hour or so and was turned off.
Switched back on after a couple of hours, got the same clicking and noise, re-booted and this time the unit came good again.
I initially thought it may have been an issue with the FM3 plugged into the USB port while booting, so I tried booting the next day with the USB unplugged and it worked - once. The next day (today) booted the FM3 up, without the USB plugged in and we're back to the clicking and noise again. re-booted and it came good.
By this stage, my new FM3 experience was starting to sour quickly so, out of desperation, I flashed the firmware back to 1.04 and so far tonight, have re-booted several times (with and without USB connected) with no clicking or noise.
Anyone else had this issue or maybe have some advice? I prefer having the latest firmware to make sure the unit will run as smoothly as possible but is this a bug with 1.05?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom