FM3 - CAB Different position for output 1 and 2?

SOAWM

Inspired
A couple of days ago I received the FM3 and I have successfully transferred my Axe-Fx III presets. These are quite simple in nature: amp, cab and a couple of time-based effects such as delay, reverb and plexverb.

I am currently rethinking my live setup and I would love to use Output 1 for FOH (with cab emulation) and Output 2 (without cab emulation) to the return of my VHT UL amplifier. Although this can easily be achieved by splitting the signal and adding the cab block before Output 2, I much prefer the sound - which is hi-gain with lots of ambience - when the cabinet is placed before the delay, reverb and plexverb.

Would it be possible with some complex routing to share the effects between both outputs, but have the cabinet before the effects for Output 1 and disabled for output 2?

Thanks for helping me think this through!

Just add a parallel path going to output 2 before the cab block?
This works, but then the signal to output 2 is dry (without the time-based effects).

I currently have the preset configured as show on the screenshot, but the sound is far more to my liking when the cabinet is placed right after the amp (the highlighted shunt). The effects are more prominent, defined and pleasant (less harsh) when the cabinet is placed before them.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-05-21 140610.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2021-05-21 140610.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 27
Then you need to figure out if there is something wrong with the output of your last delay block if it does not get passed to both paths effected.

Back
Top Bottom