Not a Bug fm3 buttons not working after connecting fracpad III/midi interface

Derums

My fm3 buttons are not responding/responding in an unusual way. I connected both the fm3 editor usb to my computer (so I could run a track with fm3 as inteface) and a midi in/out interface to Fracpad III to my ipad , and now for some reason my value dial home edit store tempo tuner nave enter exit and page buttons won't respond. I rebooted twice and it's still doing this. It's gone all out of whack, eg when I twist knob a, it responds by changing the preset (as if knob A is now the value shuttle) I'm on latest firmware 5.01. Anyone know how I can get my fm3 to respond normally again? I can't communicate with it unless I use an editor and can't even change the fc layout to access my scenes...

ps: It has been suggested the CMOS battery might need changing. if anyone has a link to those instructions as well I used to build computers and am comfortable doing that if that is the problem

latest update is that Fractal said I should go to firmware 5.0 cause it's a beta. I did that and it didn't fix it. yikes.

I don't think the FM3 has a battery...

Does the problem go away when you disconnect the midi?

ye
A preset can't change your FM3...

Are you already working with Fractal support?
yes, but they said send it in, I'd like to runthrough all diagnostics before resorting to that cause it seems to be a software problem. I recently rolled back to 4.01 fw and now the buttons are not restored but they do behave differently. pressing a now gets the tuner, while spinning it no longer changes the patch by - but brings up the controller tempo tab.
also the out 1 clip light is always on as is the editied and midi in light. nothing is attached..

ye

yes, but they said send it in, I'd like to runthrough all diagnostics before resorting to that cause it seems to be a software problem. I recently rolled back to 4.01 fw and now the buttons are not restored but they do behave differently. pressing a now gets the tuner, while spinning it no longer changes the patch by - but brings up the controller tempo tab. Also my patches now look wierd

View attachment 97354
Have you performed a reset of system settings? Or done a full system restore?

Firmware doesn't change the switch setup... Those are stored elsewhere.

If Fractal support says to send it in you probably should take their advice ;)

with the buttons not responding even when pressed down while rebooting, I don't think it's possible to conduct a full system restore. which was page left and page right while booting I think the manual said. My unit doesn't respond to that..or home. Though I"m trying to figure out how to do that through fmedit or something. any ideas?

with the buttons not responding even when pressed down while rebooting, I don't think it's possible to conduct a full system restore. which was page left and page right while booting I think the manual said. My unit doesn't respond to that..or home. Though I"m trying to figure out how to do that through fmedit or something. any ideas?
That's a safe reboot not a system reset or restore.

A system reset is done via the global menus and a restore is done with FractalBot from backup.

Back
Top Bottom