Fixed FM3 bug when using Scene Controllers

Bricksby

Hi all,

Got my FM3 today and have found a bug. This didn't seem to happen until a couple of hours ago after lots of use, but I think I worked out the issue regardless.

While playing on a preset, at a seemingly random time (although it seemed to happen quicker while using ping-pong delay in the preset, and happened more frequently when switching scenes/presets.) I would get an audio pop at which point the output block would crash in some way. I could tell this as the monitoring levels on it went from animated green to solid red (see screenshot.) There was no way to get the sound to come back that I could find. This happened on firmware 1.06, 1.06 beta 3 and 2.00 beta 1 (latest.)

I decided to test whether it might be scene controllers as I had seen this mentioned in another thread on here (though slightly different bug). I have removed them and it seems as though the bug has stopped happening, but I will test further to be sure. I don't know whether this might be due to using the same controllers across 2 different amps that don't have compatible 'Authentic' controls? I had the controllers on input gain, master volume, mids, and treble.

I've attached the preset for reference, along with the aforementioned screenshot.

Cheers

fm3 output freeze.jpg

Attachments

• Neanderthal.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 201203-160841-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Can you also upload your "System + Global Blocks + FC" dump from Fractal-Bot?
Thanks

I'm getting a:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

error from that link

The link doesn't work anymore because that thread was deleted accidentally.

In short: a controller on certain parameters in the Amp block uses a lot of CPU. In this case the CPU that powers the Amp block and Delay blocks. This can cause an issue such as the one you've described. Try switching the controller from Inout drive to Input Trim. Also, why put a controller on Master Volume?

I've since updated the preset, it was an artefact of me getting to grips with how to control different parameters between scenes. I don't need it, but it ought to work if it's configurable, but if it's just high cpu it's not so much a problem. Although if the cpu load goes down surely the sound should re-engage without needing to start the unit?

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom