Fixed FM3 bug - Freeze with Footswitch Tuner Mode

I am using FM3 with FC6.
After updating to fw 3.02 two weeks ago, I have experienced the following problem 6 times.

LEFT SWITCH:
Tap assigned to Tap Tempo. Ring color assigned to None. Pressing switch doesn't change tempo. Several times also the ring colour displays in red
Hold assigned to view change. Holding the switch doesn't change view

MIDDLE SWITCH:
Tap assigned to Scene -1. It doesn't change scenes. Color is correct, purple. I can change scene via buttons of the unit and also with FM3 Edit

RIGHT SWITCH:
Tap assigned to Scene +1. It doesn't change scenes. Color is correct, purple. I can change scene via buttons of the unit and also with FM3 Edit

The FC6 unit is not affected, it works always fine. When I go to the Master Layout via the FC6, and I press a footswitch on FC6 that changes the layout of FM3 and FC6, the FM3 doesn't respond, but the FC6 changes to the new layout.

Inside the FM3 everything works fine if I use the knobs of the unit, or FM3 Edit. But the frozen footswitches never respond, the only solution is to restart the unit.

I tried the new tuner features after installing fx30.2, but as I didn't like it, I disabled it after 2 minutes. So, in my case, it seems there is no relation between the tuner and the freeze of footswitches.

I open the tuner with pedal heel down.

My FM3 has been always frozen when I have it connected to my laptop with FM3Edit opened.

The times that I have been using FM3 alone, it has worked well.

Maybe there is a cause-effect with FM3Edit.

Somebody had the FM3 frozen being the FM3 alone?

Same here. Before 3.02 when i was at the gig FM 3 became unresponsive several times (Without FM3 edit). First time in tuner mode (i used it to mute signal), and second time in playing mode, i left guitar with volume knob at 0 for 15-20 minutes.
But when i upgraded to 3.02 new bugs came in. Sometimes FM3 becomes unresponsive with scribble strips flashing (check video link below).
And when i use external midi controller same happens too. FM3 switches unresponsive and commands from my midi device too. So i can play only last preset or scene i switched on. It makes me sad. This bugs happens with and without FM3 edit at venue and at home.
Update:
Yesterday i played for exactly 40 minutes (without FM3 Edit and tuner) and then strips began to flash like in video below and footswitches stopped to response. I had to switch off and on FM3 and had an opportunity to play the next 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Mine is constantly freezing (just got mine back from g66 a few days ago - they changed the main board since it was constantly freezing).
But still have the same problem - 31 freezes the last three days. 22 times in just a few hours yesterday. (I’ve started taking notes everytime it freezes)
I just had to give up working on my presets...it mostly happens when editing, but sometimes I can’t even start it up before i have to reboot..starting to get a tiny bit frustrating. Been struggeling with this problem since summer 2020 - through all firmware updates. It’s only getting worse...
I have not used or changed the tuner mode. The scribble strips freezes in the last used state. Totaly unresponsive with no sound - only a very week di signal coming through. It usually works fine for a few hours, but after a while, with tweeking to finalize my presets, it just won’t work anymore and start freezing constantly.

That is strange. I mute the FM3 by switching on the tuner or changing to an empty preset, when I repair guitars or get some food. Even long breaks let not hang up or freeze the FM3 3.02. I switch on the tuner with the mosky.

Somebody had the FM3 frozen being the FM3 alone?
Today.

On 4 separate occasions at practice today I had to reboot it. I did have a footswitch set for tap tempo and tuner, but I was never in tuner mode for more then a minute and it was not always in conjunction with me going in and out of tuner mode. Seemed to be triggered when I switched views via one of the footswitch hold functions.

It never happened even once last week at practice and I was running 3.02. I wonder if running higher cpu presets makes it more prevelant. None of my presets are over 80%, but some are close. And one possible difference between this week and last was that I had tweaked some of the presets that might have pushed the CPU usage up a little.

OP, please confirm the issue being fixed after installing the latest beta.

Froze up on me twice at practice today with 3.03 beta 1. Both times while trying to come out of the tuner. I had not been in it very long. Probably only a minute tops

Froze up on me twice at practice today with 3.03 beta 1. Both times while trying to come out of the tuner. I had not been in it very long. Probably only a minute tops
Can you provide the preset and a backup of your "System + FC" from Fractal-Bot, please?

Can you provide the preset and a backup of your "System + FC" from Fractal-Bot, please?

My system and the D bank.

I only use FC layout 4 and transition between views 1 and 2 with the middle footswitch. Both times it froze this weekend, it would have been one of the presets 386-402. The ones prepended with 4U2 (I play in a U2 cover band). I tune between songs and both times I am pretty sure I was coming out of tuning using the leftmost switch in layout 4 view 1. Setup as tempo/tuner which I had read exacerbates the issue.

The times it has happened we had been playing at-least 30-45 minutes so a lot of transitioning and tuning.

I will try to take better notes next time this happens to give you a little more to work with. I am a software engineer as well so I can appreciate the need for good repo steps

Attachments

• FM3-210412-194248-bank-D.syx
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • FM3-210412-194248-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
My system and the D bank.

I only use FC layout 4 and transition between views 1 and 2 with the middle footswitch. Both times it froze this weekend, it would have been one of the presets 386-402. The ones prepended with 4U2 (I play in a U2 cover band). I tune between songs and both times I am pretty sure I was coming out of tuning using the leftmost switch in layout 4 view 1. Setup as tempo/tuner which I had read exacerbates the issue.

The times it has happened we had been playing at-least 30-45 minutes so a lot of transitioning and tuning.

I will try to take better notes next time this happens to give you a little more to work with. I am a software engineer as well so I can appreciate the need for good repo steps
Thanks! I'll take a look at this specifically later on this week. If it can be narrowed down that would be tremendously helpful.

hello,

same issue here. updated to 3.02 yesterday and have had it hang up on the tuner page three times. power cycle fixes the issue. i get to the tuner/tempo page with the middle switch from layout 7 (perform), often leaving it there in order to tap tempo for delay. when trying to exit with the middle footswitch it hangs and i get distortion on the switch screen labeled tuner.

luke

OP, please confirm the issue being fixed after installing the latest beta.
Don't know what OP means, but in my case, I confirm this bug is fixed with the latest beta.
I have been playing a lot last 4 days and the footswitches have never been frozen

So today I had changed up my FC layout slightly and had NO freezes.

After reading this suggestion from others the change I made was moving the tap tempo and tuner to separate switches and NOT having the tuner as the hold function for the tap tempo.

Previously on 3.02 with tap tempo and tuner on the same switch it froze up a lot. With 3.03 it still froze but not nearly as much.

Doubt this helps much as it is not new information but just thought I would add the observation.

Back
Top Bottom