Fixed FM3 bug - Freeze with Footswitch Tuner Mode

bdrepko

Fractal Fanatic
I was playing a gig yesterday and ran into a problem with the FM3 becoming unresponsive. I believe it was caused by placing it in tuner mode and leaving it there for a a little while (~30 minutes). When I got back and took it out of tuner mode it would still make sound but not respond to scene changes and the scribble strips would be blank. I had to reboot to get back control. This actually happened twice after coming off a break. I dont have my FM3 will me right now, but I will post a preset as soon as I can. My presets are pretty basic so I am not sure it has to do with that. If someone can try leaving it in tuner mode for a while to see if that causes this behavior.

Edit: I am running the latest FW3.02.

Last edited:
Placed FM3 (FW 3.2)i n tuner mode. Returned after about 1 hour. Scribble strips blank and foot switches not responding. Exiting Tuner Mode works, sound is still working and I could change Scenes and Presets using Navigation buttons, but foot switches and scribble switches not responding..

Going back to Tuner Mode I got occasional blackout of LED rings and scribble switches:

IMG_5539.JPG

Here is a picture of frozen Scribble Strips (taken after exiting the Tuner Mode):
IMG_5537.JPG

After restarting and going in Tuner Mode I noticed the scribble strip display momentarily glitching. Here is a single frame from video:

IMG_5546.JPG

I've had my FM3 in tuner mode for over 12 hours, no problems. Could it be related to the footswitch tuner mode? I don't have that enabled.

i'll investigate. i've seen mention of this maybe 2 other times, so i don't think it's happening to everyone.

i might need the Layout export of whatever layout you use with the tuner on it, but i'll try without first.

I got the problem to happen - note that it is with the new footswitch tuner mode enabled. Within about 40 minutes of sitting with tuner activated, the footswitches became unresponsive and mini LCDs went blank. The LED rings lit up randomly and one of them flickered on and off but only very dim. Had to reboot. FW 3.02.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with the footswitch tuner mode disabled. I personally don't use it anyway, I like to have my switches showing their normal stuff when I'm muted between songs or whatever.

I'll do some testing to see if I can replicate the tuner issue.

I've had this happen occasionally with my AX8. Do a sound check, kick on the tuner to silence the rig, go an break, and come back half an hour later to find the AX8 unresponsive. Had to reboot.

Last edited:
I got the problem to happen - note that it is with the new footswitch tuner mode enabled. Within about 40 minutes of sitting with tuner activated, the footswitches became unresponsive and mini LCDs went blank. The LED rings lit up randomly and one of them flickered on and off but only very dim. Had to reboot. FW 3.02.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with the footswitch tuner mode disabled. I personally don't use it anyway, I like to have my switches showing their normal stuff when I'm muted between songs or whatever.
Same here since 3.02.

Nobody's tuning for more than 30 minutes ;) (it's just a quick way to mute the guitar sound when having a break)
And yes - the Scribble Strips Tune Mode was enabled when the freeze happened.

I also have the mini strip goes blank after leaving he FM3 in tuning mode for 10 minutes.
I have the new tuning feature enabled.

Picture, unit frozen, no scenes , no selection available. Re boot required.

Attachments

• CD6886FB-7A14-424D-81D5-96B69B6E1D49.jpeg
    CD6886FB-7A14-424D-81D5-96B69B6E1D49.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Had similar experience a few days ago at a rehearsal...I'm sure we'll get it resolved. :)
Mine was not in tuner mode when it happened...I was jammin with the band and looked down to see the scribble strips blank.
After reading this thread I just put my FM3 in tuner mode for over an hour and nothing happened...

Last edited:
Exactly the same problem last Friday. Leaving the Tuner on for some time seems to lock up the unit. Tuner continues to work but no way to leave Tuner mode.

happened again here......I am turning off the new function. try it that way....

Attachments

• DGRSAQqKQFO1fwwgT3Sprw.jpg
    DGRSAQqKQFO1fwwgT3Sprw.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom