FM3 Board Build

Akstrat

Experienced
Just a post to show how I put my latest board together. I was able reuse the board from my AX8. I started by mounting a piece of plywood down to raise the units about 1/2 inch. It provides a wood surface to screw fasteners for the cords and also have a hard surface to mount Dual Lock. I usually place painters tape down first to protect the finish of the pedal, bottom label, and paint. In the case of the FM3, I used four pieces of 2 inch Dual Lock on each corner. The four pieces are just a tad taller than the feet, however, it does provide space for the fan on the FM3. The same approach was used on the FC6 and the EV2. I needed two pieces for the Shure wireless. Cables are screwed down with plastic tabs and I used zip ties when needed to keep things tight in the back. The spacing between the FM3 and the FC6 is about 3/4 of an inch. I felt that should be plenty and spaced evenly. Although I also own an EV1, I bought the EV2 to keep the board a bit lighter and use less space. Most of the time I do not use the wireless, when playing festivals on larger stages I will sometimes go wireless. Without having a weight on the AX8 board and now this one, this new one may be a little heavier? But I'm confident it will survive bouncing around in the trailer! Looking forward to getting out again! Hope this may help some of you. Be well and safe out there!

Attachments

• IMG-0326.jpg
    IMG-0326.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG-0327.jpg
    IMG-0327.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG-0328.jpg
    IMG-0328.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG-0329.jpg
    IMG-0329.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG-0330.jpg
    IMG-0330.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG-0332.jpg
    IMG-0332.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG-0333.jpg
    IMG-0333.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 139
I'm doing the same thing but I'm reusing my old case, building a new board using ply and what I already have laying around. They are almost Identical but I will be building a removable cover for the back to hide all of the cabling and installing IEC, XLR and 1/4"connectors for power and OP's. Still waitng on the FC-6 it should be here on Friday!

I'm doing the same thing but I'm reusing my old case, building a new board using ply and what I already have laying around. They are almost Identical but I will be building a removable cover for the back to hide all of the cabling and installing IEC, XLR and 1/4"connectors for power and OP's. Still waitng on the FC-6 it should be here on Friday!

How are you doing the connectors? I considered doing custom but eventually just settled on a Rockboard Mod 3 V2.

Panel mount! I actually had the board completed but made a error in over all dim's so I had to rebuild it. The lid wouldn't fit over the top :mad:

Last edited:
I never had any trouble with the back on my AX8 board. A cover would hide the plug in for my guitar when not using the wireless. I also like to power down my Fractal on the unit itself. Not sure that makes a difference?

One other thing I do, I bought an 8 ft section of black foam pipe insulation from the hardware store, cheap and they come in different diameters. I then cut that in sections to fit in the top of my hardcase to push down a bit on the Fractals and hold them in place when the cover is on. Works real well.

Back
Top Bottom