Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Got my FM9 yesterday - so just to clarify when I am importing my FM3 presets here from the gold pack, all I need to do is copy a delay block from a working FM9 factory preset and the bug should be avoided?

Got my FM9 recently too - If you are still planning to release and include FM9-ready banks in downloads after Fractal fixes the delay bug, then maybe I'll just wait it out.

Are you planning any enhancements for FM9 to take advantage of the extra CPU overhead? For example, dual-amp presets or otherwise more loaded-up presets?

The amp tones will be fine. You may want to switch the Cab setting which defaults to STANDARD to ULTRA-RES, if you have the CPU.

The delay block has a tap temp attached to it. Maybe I set the BPM to 120 in the preset. The delay , on the III anyway, imports as half the value it should be. So, preset by preset, you have to disconnect the tap tempo and set the delay value for it ii work. I'm away from my machines until this weekend for a long overdue vacation, but if there is more to it than that will let you know. The other piece is the compressors on FM9 and FM3 are the same, but the III Studio compressors are different knees types(more), so those if going fromIII to FM9 have to also be adjusted, can cause a volume loss.

Got my FM9 recently too - If you are still planning to release and include FM9-ready banks in downloads after Fractal fixes the delay bug, then maybe I'll just wait it out.

Are you planning any enhancements for FM9 to take advantage of the extra CPU overhead? For example, dual-amp presets or otherwise more loaded-up presets?
No enhancements planned for FM9. I want the presets to be as identical as possible across the III, FM9, and FM3.

When I start working on the 1400+ Naked Amps, I may see if I can do an FM9 version of that using the dual amp/cabs, but there are issues there too in conversion from the III to FM9. The III can use up to four cab IRs in one scene (and I do sometimes) but the FM9 can only use two. So trying to adapt to FM9 can prolong the production of a Cygnus updated Naked Amps version.

Last edited:
If I buy the FM3 pack, will it be a free upgrade to FM9 or would I have to buy it again?
It will be included in a future update as part of your purchase. They are the same presets for the III, FM3, and FM(, so when you buy it, not matter which hardware unit you select, you will get folders with a version for all three hardware units.

But the FM9 version is not ready yet, because I need a software editor bug that, when using preset manager to import files, incorrectly affects delay times to be fixed by Fractal Audio before I can convert the bank into FM9 format. They are aware of it and I am hoping the next FM9-Edit that comes out will fix it.

Hi Gang -- I've just upload an October 2021 update for the AustinBuddy LiveGold TonePack into the "MyDownloads" area of your account at www.austinbuddy.com.

You may have to scroll down after logging in to see the file listed. The file's descriptive label is:

LATEST-OCTOBER-2021_LiveGold_Cygnus_FM9-1.x_FM3-4.01_AX3_17.01

This new download zip file includes a new FM9 folder with a complete FM9 compatible version of all LiveGold banks.

In the new zip, all bank files are saved under the latest available public firmware as well. If you are running older firmware and try to load the new banks, they may appear empty - so you need the latest public firmware to use them.

• AX3 - Cygnus 17.01. All LiveGold Axe-Fx III presets will include "AX3 -c" in name.
  • FM9 - Cygnus 1.0. All LiveGold FM9 presets will include "-c9" in name.
  • FM3 - Cygnus 4.01. All LiveGold FM3 presets will include "-c9" in name.

I've included some optional foot controller layout files as well for each, as in prior versions.

For new FM9 customers, an FM9 option to purchase button is also now available on web checkout page, but remember, if you bought an FM3 or III LiveGold Tonepack version before, you don't need to pay for the FM9 version -- it's included in the new zip file in your account "My Downalods" area now -- you get access to all three hardware versions of the LIveGold TonePack with one purchase).

Enjoy!

PS. If you spot an errors or mistakes, let me know here or email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com.

Be aware, on just the new FM9 version, there are a few possible reverb types (like medium room) that may default to a factory mix value rather than the lower one I set in the FM3 and III versions. Just manually set those Mix % to wherever you like if you discover this, and let me know what preset/scene the problem was one and I can fix in future update. Thanks!

Hi Gang -- I've just upload an October 2021 update for the AustinBuddy LiveGold TonePack into the "MyDownloads" area of your account at www.austinbuddy.com.

You may have to scroll down after logging in to see the file listed. The file's descriptive label is:

This new download zip file includes a new FM9 folder with a complete FM9 compatible version of all LiveGold banks.

In the new zip, all bank files are saved under the latest available public firmware as well. If you are running older firmware and try to load the new banks, they may appear empty - so you need the latest public firmware to use them.

• AX3 - Cygnus 17.01. All LiveGold Axe-Fx III presets will include "AX3 -c" in name.

I've included some optional foot controller layout files as well for each, as in prior versions.

For new FM9 customers, an FM9 option to purchase button is also now available on web checkout page, but remember, if you bought an FM3 or III LiveGold Tonepack version before, you don't need to pay for the FM9 version -- it's included in the new zip file in your account "My Downalods" area now -- you get access to all three hardware versions of the LIveGold TonePack with one purchase).

Enjoy!

PS. If you spot an errors or mistakes, let me know here or email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com.

Be aware, on just the new FM9 version, there are a few possible reverb types (like medium room) that may default to a factory mix value rather than the lower one I set in the FM3 and III versions. Just manually set those Mix % to wherever you like if you discover this, and let me know what preset/scene the problem was one and I can fix in future update. Thanks!

Enjoy!

Do these include updated presets for the AxeIII? Or, just add a new FM9 folder?
It adds the FM9 presets, but it also saves the prior LiveGold as firmware 17.01 presets (and any Fractal updates applicable), which is the latest firmware. You won't notice a difference in the sounds if you were using prior ones on a III.

Thanks for the update, Austin :)
I already read the release notes but do not get if there is any need for me as an FM 3 user to install the new update if I have already installed the July update.

Thanks for the update, Austin :)
I already read the release notes but do not get if there is any need for me as an FM 3 user to install the new update if I have already installed the July update.
If you have an FM3, in Bank 3 the Fas Lead 1 w/Grnbks preset was empty for some people, that is fixed - else you are right, nothing else changed and July version still good.

Hi Austin...thanks for the update! Any reason to update the FM3 banks if I'm up to the latest August release?
Just grab FAS Lead 1 (w/Grnbks) preset in Bank 3 and load it in to what you have. It was blank for some people and that was fixed. Else it’s all the same - the prior presets work fine for FM3. This update is more about the new FM9 version plus making sure for the III the 17.01 firmware works well.

Back
Top Bottom