Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
When will the foot controller files be compatible. im new so I don't know the exact terms but you load the FC3 file or whatever so you can us the control switch I read back a long ago that you won't have a fixed version until there's another release of Cygnus I.e like Cygnus 4.1? am I correct or can I go ahead and install the file that came with the Austin buddy betas

When will the foot controller files be compatible. im new so I don't know the exact terms but you load the FC3 file or whatever so you can us the control switch I read back a long ago that you won't have a fixed version until there's another release of Cygnus I.e like Cygnus 4.1? am I correct or can I go ahead and install the file that came with the Austin buddy betas
Give it a try, most people say it is working. But make sure the startup page in your FC Controllers Config dialogue box in editor is set to Layout page 8 for the FM3 OMG or FM3 alone version.

Hey ABuddy, for the Amp Boost controller switch, what is the difference between boosting with the CS vs. using a Drive block? Is it just a matter of where in the signal the boost gets applied? Because I didn’t realize until last week how you can change the type of Amp boost CS that gets applied. Also, in terms of Amp Boost CS volume, is anything above 0dB considered a boost?

Hey ABuddy, for the Amp Boost controller switch, what is the difference between boosting with the CS vs. using a Drive block? Is it just a matter of where in the signal the boost gets applied? Because I didn’t realize until last week how you can change the type of Amp boost CS that gets applied. Also, in terms of Amp Boost CS volume, is anything above 0dB considered a boost?

You can get similar results using a drive block BUT you add CPU, so why do that, save the CPU and use the "drive block" built into the amp block. I like clean boosts. Yes, anything above 0db does that - it hits the first preamp tube harder (splat) than 0db. So db amounts can vary based on type of boost. A Clean boost for a clean sound probably needs to be under 4db else it breaks up (amp dependent). You can always try the 12db default bu I find it's too much for some amps, so I try to customize it by amp type. Usually I'm around 8 db boost - it phaetons up but not so much that the bass goes mush, But it can vary, and I do vary it by LiveGold preset. Experiment!

You can get similar results using a drive block BUT you add CPU, so why do that, save the CPU and use the "drive block" built into the amp block. I like clean boosts. Yes, anything above 0db does that - it hits the first preamp tube harder (splat) than 0db. So db amounts can vary based on type of boost. A Clean boost for a clean sound probably needs to be under 4db else it breaks up (amp dependent). You can always try the 12db default bu I find it's too much for some amps, so I try to customize it by amp type. Usually I'm around 8 db boost - it phaetons up but not so much that the bass goes mush, But it can vary, and I do vary it by LiveGold preset. Experiment!
This might be a silly question. But is the Amp Boost the same exact thing as a drive block? Or is there something dynamically different? Like if I set the AmpBoost to TS808 Mod, is it the same exact thing as just using that drive pedal in front of the amp?

This might be a silly question. But is the Amp Boost the same exact thing as a drive block? Or is there something dynamically different? Like if I set the AmpBoost to TS808 Mod, is it the same exact thing as just using that drive pedal in front of the amp?
No because you cannot control any drive controls in the amp block. Just the amount of boost, that’s it. No gain, no EQ.

@iLLLuzionz
You should be able to install the FM3 only "All Layouts' file. But make sure in your FC Controllers Config that the Start Up page is pointing to page 8 (main control page to access other pages), and not page 1 (presets), so when it starts up it comes up correctly.

Last edited:
Besides fewer controls, I think the amp block boosts only amplify and apply some sort of fixed EQ curve that's different for each boost type.
What they don't do that many drive blocks do is distort themselves.
The amp block boosts can push the amp into clipping, but they're clean gain and EQ only, no clipping.

AustinBuddy- FM3 Owner here-Don't have the Extra foot controller/Just 3 on the unit. Any chance for the future presets be versioned without the Controllers assigned and the Fx loop written in the presets. I LOVE the sounds of your presets but that extra work and my OCD makes it frustrating to rework the presets after major updates etc.
Or maybe I'm missing something
Thanks

Can anyone help. I am downloading the new austin buddy 16.05 july full update, yet when i go to install the new banks using fractal bot, they still say 16.04. Anyone else getting this?

Can anyone help. I am downloading the new austin buddy 16.05 july full update, yet when i go to install the new banks using fractal bot, they still say 16.04. Anyone else getting this?
My bad. I relabeled the thread and it should say 16.04 (fixed) and works on fw16.05 too.

I'm wondering if anyone has, or has thought about, putting together a "map" from artist and songs to specific presets in Live Gold that have worked well for them. There are several awesome examples already in the preset pack, but I'm wondering what else users have come across. I'm a casual user, so close is plenty good enough - I'm not looking for a perfect match for a recording. Rather, say I'm going to play some songs by Brad Paisley, then some Aerosmith, then some Stray Cats, then some blues rock, etc.. it'd be great to have a quick reference to get to the usable stock presets right away. I'm sure it's all in there, but being a fairly new user, finding things is still a challenge for me. Thanks!

I'm wondering if anyone has, or has thought about, putting together a "map" from artist and songs to specific presets in Live Gold that have worked well for them. There are several awesome examples already in the preset pack, but I'm wondering what else users have come across. I'm a casual user, so close is plenty good enough - I'm not looking for a perfect match for a recording. Rather, say I'm going to play some songs by Brad Paisley, then some Aerosmith, then some Stray Cats, then some blues rock, etc.. it'd be great to have a quick reference to get to the usable stock presets right away. I'm sure it's all in there, but being a fairly new user, finding things is still a challenge for me. Thanks!
@CipherHost tried to start one in Google docs I think for folks... I am just too busy updating hundreds of presets to Cygnus right now to do this now honestly.

Back
Top Bottom