FM3 audio interface vs AXE-FX III

Chiguete

Experienced
This is a simple question, does the audio interface on the FM3 do the same (has the same features) as in the Axe-FX III?

Since I don't have an Axe-FX III it's a little confusing when reading the FM3 feature list and that is why I'm asking this question. Also is this layout correct:

1) Guitar to FM3
2) FM3 to DAW by USB send ing the audio on the FM3 for recording or playing along to a backing track
3) DAW to FM3 adding the backing track audio
4) FM3 XLR outputs to monitors/speaker to listen to one playing along the backing track

I just want to be clear if I will be able to connect from the FM3 XLR outputs and listen what I have in the DAW and my playing at the same time.

The FM3 offers 4x4 USB Audio. That's 4 USB Audio inputs and 4 USB Audio Outputs.

The Axe-Fx III is 8x8 and also has some additional options such as the USB Audio Grid block. (These are appropriate because it has more physical input and output jacks.)

Your FM3 setup idea looks good. You will be able to play along with the DAW, record processed audio, record a DI, and re-amp a DI.

Check the FM3 manual on page 24 for a rundown of FM3 USB Audio Features.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM3/FM3-Owners-Manual.pdf

Last edited:
Awesome that's all I needed to make sure because the main reason I want to upgrade from an AX8 is to be able to do this since my currect audio interface is an old one that the drivers are not going to be updated and there are issues when I use it on W10.

Back
Top Bottom