FM3 as audio interface but only want to hear processed guitar

lair

Inspired
Hello, All -

Brand new to this thing. When using the FM3 as an audio interface, how can I only hear the processed signal and not the raw input signal? Right now I hear both. I found a few posts that allude to fixing but nothing concrete... I've tried every combination of USB settings on the FM3 and nothing seems to make a difference.

What am I missing? Or is it not possible? Do I need a software solution on the Mac? I don't mind getting a standalone interface but I was hoping to keep it simple.

Firmware 3.01. Preset is Input 1 block to Output 1 block only. FM3 USB to a Mac. Guitar in input 1 on FM3. Studio monitors via output 1 XLR, left and right, from FM3.

In this case, I'm running the signal through Neural's standalone VST app on the Mac with the FM3 as the source. I can hear my "clean" Preset AND the processed Neural sound at the same time.

In this case, I'm running the signal through Neural's standalone VST app on the Mac with the FM3 as the source. I can hear my "clean" Preset AND the processed Neural sound at the same time.
Check the configuration of your VST. It sounds like the VST is passing both its input and its output.

Thanks, guys - I tried both USB 3/4 settings (each Output 2, both output 2) and selected in 3 and 4 in the VST app. Now the app won't pick up any input and all I hear is the clean Preset from the FM3. Do I need to add an Output 2 Block to the preset? Or change the Output 1 block to Output 2?

Best way imho is to use an empty preset, select input 2 as source for usb output 3/4 and select usb input 3/4 in the VST

Fair question. Mostly because I wanted to confirm I made the right choice but also because I’m a big nerd.
Do you find your waveforms to be small or none existent when using the fm3 as an audio interface to record vsts like neutrals or nembrini or amplitube?

I like to be able to use plugins now and again but through the fm3 the waveforms are super tiny. Sounds okay. Not sure what I’m doing within the signal path which results in a reduced waveform when recording using vst plugins.

Hello, All -

Brand new to this thing. When using the FM3 as an audio interface, how can I only hear the processed signal and not the raw input signal? Right now I hear both. I found a few posts that allude to fixing but nothing concrete... I've tried every combination of USB settings on the FM3 and nothing seems to make a difference.

What am I missing? Or is it not possible? Do I need a software solution on the Mac? I don't mind getting a standalone interface but I was hoping to keep it simple.

Firmware 3.01. Preset is Input 1 block to Output 1 block only. FM3 USB to a Mac. Guitar in input 1 on FM3. Studio monitors via output 1 XLR, left and right, from FM3.
I invite you to open the manual of St. FM3 to p. 24 and recite with us... "USB Audio...".

Do you find your waveforms to be small or none existent when using the fm3 as an audio interface to record vsts like neutrals or nembrini or amplitube?

I like to be able to use plugins now and again but through the fm3 the waveforms are super tiny. Sounds okay. Not sure what I’m doing within the signal path which results in a reduced waveform when recording using vst plugins.
I honestly haven’t tried to record with the Neural stuff - or even played through them in a while, now that I think about it. I recall the volume was fine, like you mentioned. I’ll see if I can find some time this week to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom