• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

"FM3 and other products in development".....curious, what are those others ?

nicolasrivera

Fractal Fanatic
I wish FAS would release a plugin even if it only contained FAS amp models. It's so much faster reamping with a plugin than having to reamp in realtime. They should do something similar to the Helix Native and offer it for a low price if you have an Axe-Fx II or Axe-Fx III. Yes, it will probably get hacked but most people who use hacks can't afford to buy them anyways , so no profits lost. I think most FAS customers would gladly buy it rather than wasting time trying to find a hack that could potentially compromise their DAW.
Seems to me that what Universal Audio has is the way FAS could go. A FAS interface that serves as the KEYlock for the axe fx software.

FreeMind

Forum Addict
Looking at the FAS product portfolio:

Axe II = Axe III
AX8 = FM3 + FC-6/FC-12
FX8 = ???

Seems obvious what the next product would likely be...
Was FX8 any more powerful than AX8 in case of effects?
If not, what's the point of having an FX8 over an AX8 or FM3? It's just an Ax8 with less features.

Capt Nasty

Inspired
If not, what's the point of having an FX8 over an AX8 or FM3? It's just an Ax8 with less features.
What does that matter? You are way over thinking things. To your logic, why does the FX 8 even exist? The same logic you are using would also have been applicable when FAS initially conceived of the FX8, right? But they made it any way. Presumably because they had data that indicated there was a market for such a device.

To answer your question “what’s the point?”, simple. Lower price point and an option for people who want Fractal FX without amp modeling or cab simulation. The FX8 is roughly 30% cheaper than the AX8. Think of all the people on threads asking the question “how can I justify spending all that money for amp modeling and cab simulation that I will never use”? Answer: FX8.

They have a rack modeler, floor modeler, and floor FX unit in their core product portfolio. All the other products: Warranties, FC, Cab Lab, Cab Packs, Expression/Volume pedals are accessories to the core product portfolio.

They have ported the rack and floor modelers to their latest baseline. Read the tea leaves.

Look at it from Fractal’s perspective. A product perspective. An engineering perspective. You don’t spread your products over disparate technological baselines (e.g. quantum vs ares). You want your products technologically aligned so that development work on one product is leveragable across all of your products.

Last edited:

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
FX8 was optimized for 4cm and had relays to switch amps. It def had a place but the price point was a little to close to each other. I actually have a friend who just last week bought a Brand new FX 8 from fractal just this week and I helped him set it up on Friday for a show over the weekend

ibanezfreak4

Forum Addict
FAS strap ons
That's the FK3, duh...

On a serious note, an FM8/10/12 would be a welcomed addition! However, I could see that potentially alienating some of the existing Axe-FX III & FC6/12 users who may complain about timing. At the same time, tech is always changing and adapting to new needs.

Last edited:

Randall d

Inspired
What about a FM3 add-on unit that would be made in the FC6 physical platform that would act as a slave to the FM3. 6 switches, but no display (all controlled by the Master FM3) and would contain the CPU necessary to bring the FM3 up to Axe3 capabilities (and firmware)? Want a small fly rig, use the FM3; want a Axe3 on the floor with a total of nine switches, add the FM6 Slave to your FM3.

Kamil Kisiel

Veteran
Personally I'd love some kind of home automation system that could be controlled with the FC so that I don't have to put down my guitar to turn things on and off in the kitchen etc. I could just switch to a different layout and toggle the toaster on or whatnot...

MGW

Inspired
Personally I'd love some kind of home automation system that could be controlled with the FC so that I don't have to put down my guitar to turn things on and off in the kitchen etc. I could just switch to a different layout and toggle the toaster on or whatnot...
Now you're talking!

Top Bottom