• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

"FM3 and other products in development".....curious, what are those others ?

Posted by Cliff over TGP forums:

"The Axe-Fx III, FM3 and the other products in development all use the "Ares" architecture. This is a portable client-server architecture that allows easy porting of effects and models between hardware platforms. When we ported the Axe-Fx III models to the FM3 it involved nothing more than copying the file."

Any ideas about what "other products" could it be ?

It would be cool to have something like FM0 - "brain-only" version of FM3, without switches, editing via smartphone connected via Bluetooth, even more compact and with price to compete with HX Stomp directly.

Or maybe FM2 ?

HX Stomp is still the most compact and light all-in-one solution for mini gigs and rehearsals. 800 grams and tiny footprint. It would be fantastic if Fractal could do something similar. Even if deep editing and many features will be omitted.

Last edited:

Randalljax

Fractal Fanatic
I have no idea , the obvious one would be the Fc 12 chassis being used for something

An FRFR cab which I have thought for a while

A spring loaded EV2

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
FX8 replacement with one keystone processor and the interface from the III/FM3 would be my guess? Maybe a pedal format for single blocks?

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
Since he refers to "using the Ares architecture" that would imply other modeler type devices...

(not that they couldn't also do an FRFR, an expression pedal, or whatever, but those wouldn't be using Ares)

Reactions: Rex

FreeMind

Power User
Since he refers to "using the Ares architecture" that would imply other modeler type devices...

(not that they couldn't also do an FRFR, an expression pedal, or whatever, but those wouldn't be using Ares)
And FRFR speaker with Ares amp modelling built in.
Interesting idea.

ak301

Experienced
I think a bigger floor unit.

Get the FM3 out to boost Fractal market share, then introduce a bigger floor unit

Could be completely wrong though.............

NaN

I always wondered why there isn’t an axefx with a good amp built in...o_O
Like Kemper, bias head, line6 amps, etc. That in a lunch box would be cool.

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
1U effects unit please
How would you control that unit?
Ares and the processor will have enough power to tap your mind and you can control it by thought alone via a modified IEM bud or a fit bit watch. It will have customisable keyword blocking filters to ignore such thoughts involving "Nice <insert body part here>, beer, what's the first chord of this next song, did I lock my car, please don't request Brown eyed feckin girl, I'm going to kill the drummer etc."

GotMetalBoy

Power User
My guess, the Axe Fx plugging software, the X load Studio and CabLab 4.0
I wish FAS would release a plugin even if it only contained FAS amp models. It's so much faster reamping with a plugin than having to reamp in realtime. They should do something similar to the Helix Native and offer it for a low price if you have an Axe-Fx II or Axe-Fx III. Yes, it will probably get hacked but most people who use hacks can't afford to buy them anyways , so no profits lost. I think most FAS customers would gladly buy it rather than wasting time trying to find a hack that could potentially compromise their DAW.

Top Bottom