FM3 and Mimiq routing

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
While I do enjoy the Enhancer Block, this TC pedal looks like it’s worth a 30 day trial, from the videos I have seen.
I have a question please on the routing....and IF it will work for my set up.

Current/Routing:
Single guitar in, I mainly use a single row,maybe a parallel effect or two. In - wah- comp - amp- cab ( mono)- time based effects-out.

OUT 1 Stereo XLR to FOH
copy OUT 1 to OUT 2 enabled.
OUT 2 Humbuster 1/4 in jack to local FRFR monitor, so mono monitor.

I want to use this Mimiq in Stereo. So, would I make a FXL loop right after the CAB ? Is that correct ? As it’s mono here ?
HOOK UP:
Would I then take one quarter inch jack from FM3 OUT 2 to the mono input of the Mimiq, then the the two stereo outputs of the Mimiq to the 2, 1/4 inch IN 2 jacks on FM3.

I realize I will never have two Amps. Do I have this straight in my mind ? ;)
thanks.

That would work but you'd need to turn off copy Out1->Out2, otherwise, you're going to get a nasty feedback loop. The Mimiq wouldn't be running to your monitor, only to the XLR outs. Also, if you put any blocks after In2, they also won't be going to your monitor.

Another option would be to put the Mimiq in the Out2->In2 effects loop, then use a stereo DI box to split the XLR Out1 sends so you can run both FOH and a monitor. Plus, you could possibly still do a stereo monitor setup. You'd also be able to add blocks after the Mimiq pedal.

Hmmmm, if I turn “copy” off I loose local control of volume from the OUT 2, monitor knob though.....

I don’t care to have Mimiq in the Monitor, as it’s mono.

If Copy Out1 is on, anything running out can't be sent back in without creating a feedback loop.

Thanks SteveLow74 !
Yes it works....I am playing with it now. It imports +5db, I normalized that. Mix comes in at 30%....also playing with that. Don't forget to set LFO's to RANDOM. It does sound cool !

Cooper Carter has graciously updated the JP preset with a new Mimiq block ! Woohoo
See AFX3 thread.
Will this work in FM3 ? As we don’t have the updated Pitch block currently.
thx

Okay, so on import the blocks become dis con......as expected. No worries though......as you can see the Dual Detune Pitch block swinging away....save block and import to other Presets.
On the two presets I tried, with H/P it sounds great.....need more play time.
thanks Cooper !

Back
Top Bottom