FM3 and FC-6 on a Temple Audio Duo 24

stephenclark1: The only issue with a big pedalboard is the weight...and size. I wanted 2 small ones. Easier to handle, I would think. Since the FM3 and FC6 are around 12lbs each, and the pedals are....2lbs each??... well, I guess it wouldn't be heavy after all.

I do have a question though: Underneath your pedalboard are 2 things you plug into. What are they? (Like I said, I'm new to pedalboards.)
I had two custom 21" Duo boards for my dual FC6 rig before replacing one of the FC6es with an FM9.
0718212309a_HDR.jpg

Light, easy to handle. They take up space in my closet now....
0102221019.jpg

The other way you can do it with a Temple Audio board is to remove the 4 corner screws from the "feet" of your FM3 or FC-6 and use a small washer plus longer screws (M3.5-.06x16mm) and attach thru the holes in the board.

I'm not sure about the EV pedals as I don't have those.
I should adjust this on my board. I have the duo 34 with my FC12 and 3 mission expression pedals. I took off the rubber feet on the pedals and just used temple plates to connect but the bottom plate of the pedals are a little loose. Its a minor thing but i'd like to get these longer screws so I can put the rubber feet back on

Ok so the underside pictures I sent were stock pictures. I simply have mine laying on my office floor. Somewhere on this forum someone had a beautiful setup with the power running to a centrally located plug. If look at the side of a Temple board it has knockouts to install all kinds of outlets, jacks, etc. Their website is pretty thorough too.
A lot of people take the sides off their FM3's and FC-6's and then use the screw connectors that come with the Temple board.

I had two custom 21" Duo boards for my dual FC6 rig before replacing one of the FC6es with an FM9.
0718212309a_HDR.jpg

Light, easy to handle. They take up space in my closet now....
0102221019.jpg
That's a sweet setup! So I'll ask you...hopefully you can answer. If I have two EV-1 pedals hooked to my FM3, one for Wah and one as a master volume between my FM3 and Mission Gemini II (so I don't have to get up and reach behind Gemini) can I use the pedal jacks on my FC-6 for a Mission two button switch to control stuff like boast off and on? Hope this is clearly asked.

stephenclark1: Thanks

Joe Bfstplk: What you currently have looks like you have a pedalboard for each thing you have - 1 for pedals, 1 for FM9. So are you saying that is or is not the way to go?

I should adjust this on my board. I have the duo 34 with my FC12 and 3 mission expression pedals. I took off the rubber feet on the pedals and just used temple plates to connect but the bottom plate of the pedals are a little loose. Its a minor thing but i'd like to get these longer screws so I can put the rubber feet back on
I took the plate off my pedals and just used the feet and existing screws under the board. They are plenty long already and the rubber feet serve as washers :)

That's a sweet setup!

Thanks!

So I'll ask you...hopefully you can answer. If I have two EV-1 pedals hooked to my FM3, one for Wah and one as a master volume between my FM3 and Mission Gemini II (so I don't have to get up and reach behind Gemini) can I use the pedal jacks on my FC-6 for a Mission two button switch to control stuff like boast off and on? Hope this is clearly asked.
Yes, you can do that, but the FC6 has a pair of dual switch jacks that will allow much more functionality including what you want. Just make sure the switches are momentary. Also, Tall Timber makes a sweet little fader controller that would work great for your MV, freeing up the EV1 for other things....

stephenclark1: Thanks

Joe Bfstplk: What you currently have looks like you have a pedalboard for each thing you have - 1 for pedals, 1 for FM9. So are you saying that is or is not the way to go?
I like the current setup, as it is modular.

Going to improve the FM9 board with a second ExpressionIO and more switches, so FM9-only use at open mic or jams does not require the FC6, and the FC6 board can be 100% dedicated to the FX3....

Amazing setup @Joe Bfstplk: clean and well organized as a live rig should always be! Well done!
Tanxs!

Joe Bfstplk, what are the footswitches on the pedalboard for in front of your FC6?

0102221019.jpg
From left to right, Pedal 2, FC external switches 3 and 4, Pedal 1. Along the right side if the FC, I have external switches 1 and 2, with Pedals 3 and 4 on the Mosky dual switch box. Maxed out the FC6 with all 4 pedal jacks having a switch, and both dual switch jacks having a pair of switches. Have not yet needed the switches in Pedals 3 and 4, but they are available when I find a use for them....

That is sweet. When ZenRigs opens up the Sunday the 17th I am going to be ordering a lot of parts. I've got to do some cord management, I have Temple DUO 34. I use the Mission TT-2 to channel switch. I use a modified version Joe Bfstplk's layouts and have a Furman AC-215 mounted on the bottom. I was impatient and used velcro for everything. I have the screws that would work. Put the plate in and use the xlrs would make sense. I originally had an FM3 on this with one FC6 and the pedals, so I got the inputs from Temple. Sorry for rambling about my board, lol.

That is really a pro stellar setup man.

Attachments

• IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1286.JPG
    IMG_1286.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
I really need to read the Fractal manuals... the footswitch manual and everything. Every time @Joe Bfstplk posts I'm like woah I didn't know you could do that... and other guys on this forum. So much knowledge, but I gotta sit down and read the manual. I have Cooper Carter's video tutorials. It's just almost every time I touch this thing I end up just playing.

That is sweet. When ZenRigs opens up the Sunday the 17th I am going to be ordering a lot of parts. I've got to do some cord management, I have Temple DUO 34. I use the Mission TT-2 to channel switch. I use a modified version Joe Bfstplk's layouts and have a Furman AC-215 mounted on the bottom. I was impatient and used velcro for everything. I have the screws that would work. Put the plate in and use the xlrs would make sense. I originally had an FM3 on this with one FC6 and the pedals, so I got the inputs from Temple. Sorry for rambling about my board, lol.

That is really a pro stellar setup man.

Thanks man. It's gonna be Tuesday 19th - we have family over to stay with us for the long weekend - totally forgot! Have a good one

I really need to read the Fractal manuals... the footswitch manual and everything. Every time @Joe Bfstplk posts I'm like woah I didn't know you could do that... and other guys on this forum. So much knowledge, but I gotta sit down and read the manual. I have Cooper Carter's video tutorials. It's just almost every time I touch this thing I end up just playing.
Read the manuals, the wiki, Yek’s amp and drive manuals, then do it several times over. These are sophisticated machines and it takes a while to come up to speed.

Back
Top Bottom