FM3 and FC-12 Layout Editing Problem?

Robberns

I'm kind of losing my mind on this one.
Running current 3.02 firmware on the FM3 and 1.11 on the FC-12.
I'm attempting to make some changes to the FM3 switch layouts, and for some reason, any changes I make to the FM3 show up on the FC-12 as well.
I've tried both FM3 edit and using the onboard edit feature of the FM3, same issue.
I know I've done this before because I set up some custom layouts on both units in the past.
For instance, I want to change the footswitch function and color on the FM3 in Layout 7, View 1.
If I use the EZ method on the FM3 itself, I am able to make the changes, but then the corresponding footswitch (#1 in this case) on the FC-12 changes as well.
Same thing happens in FM Edit, and I know I have chosen the FM3 to edit, not the FC-12.
Am I missing some crucial step here?
Any help would be appreciated!

If you're trying to edit the same layout associated with that switch it will show up on the FC12 as well as the FM3. Try setting a different layout to show on the FM3 and then set another different layout to show on your FC12. I have layout 8 showing on my FM3 and layout 2 showing on my FC6 or 12.

Ah, good suggestion. Maybe that is what is throwing me off a loop (no pun intended).
I'll give it a go.

Ah, good suggestion. Maybe that is what is throwing me off a loop (no pun intended).
I'll give it a go.
Sounds like it could be the issue to me. I'm not near my FM3 at the moment but you can select which layout you want to appear on each device. I think that might be in devices or setup in FM3 Edit I seem to remember.

Just tried, you are exactly right.
Got the FM3 to edit the footswitches without altering what I have on the FC12.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom