FM3 and External IR's

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
I see Ownhammer has new ir's call Evolution Series with "True Stereo", sounds cool :)
I would like to audition some of these IR's.
What can and cannot be loaded to FM3 at this time ? I do not see these Evo OH iIRs in the Fractal software page....but I do see the Ultrares ones.

thanks

I see Ownhammer has new ir's call Evolution Series with "True Stereo", sounds cool :)
I would like to audition some of these IR's.
What can and cannot be loaded to FM3 at this time ? I do not see these Evo OH iIRs in the Fractal software page....but I do see the Ultrares ones.

thanks

i have those ones and some York and ML to me at the moment something sounds off compared to the stock cabs in the presets
i have the 48000 i have not had a chance to try the raw and MPT files yet and maybe that will make a difference but currently they dont sound the same as they did in my 3 prior
the legacy cabs. Sounds. better

Read this over on TGP this morning about some other 3rd party IRs and the FM3.

it’s certainly not bad nothing to panic over just an observation
might have nothing to do w ultrares
the cabs in the factory presets sound good .

i have not seen other reports of it so prehaps its just me

I am not following the Ultrares portion of the conversation here. Sorry.

Were the Cabs in the AX8 ultra res and the FM3 are not at this time?

I am not following the Ultrares portion of the conversation here. Sorry.

Were the Cabs in the AX8 ultra res and the FM3 are not at this time?

the FM3 does not have Ultrares at this time.That said in the AX8 vs Fm3 comparision you can hear even with ultra res the FM3 clearly sounds different and better to my ear

the FM3 does not have Ultrares at this time.That said in the AX8 vs Fm3 comparision you can hear even with ultra res the FM3 clearly sounds different and better to my ear
But I can see Ultrares as a option under preferences for IR import in the FM3-Edit app.

I never noticed that, you are right, and on by default it seems ?
I wonder if it is implemented though.......

I never noticed that, you are right, and on by default it seems ?
I wonder if it is implemented though.......

it was not at the release and there have not been any updates yet
so not sure if it working or not

heres a list of things not ported or available at this time for reference

ir cab block no ures supported
some IR imp curves like the Godzilla 212
no smoothing
the new phaser / flanger blocks
new deluxe verb spring w booiing parameter
the stuff that makes the switching faster
the new gate
performance screens and options
triple crown blue and red

and probably a few under the hood modelling improvements AX3 has had since January

Time out.

I have a huge library of ML sound lab and Ownhammer IRs. Are you saying they won’t sound the same loaded into the FM3? What do you mean by “won’t sound the same”? Is this something that is going to be updated in a firmware release?

Time out.

I have a huge library of ML sound lab and Ownhammer IRs. Are you saying they won’t sound the same loaded into the FM3? What do you mean by “won’t sound the same”? Is this something that is going to be updated in a firmware release?

The cabs sound good
the current IR block just does not support Ultrares irs yet , they are working on it
everyones ears are different you may hear no difference at all
i an not sure what formats OH and Ml use so if you have concerns you may be best to reach out to them and ask
them what the difference will be tonally

the FM3 will be able to run the ultrares
at some point so depending on where you are on the wait list it will quite likely be a non issues

Time out.

I’m sure it will be included at some point sooner rather than later.
Everyone needs to calm down. As I said in another thread, we are all early adopters and the FM3 is still teething. Cliff et al aren’t in the habit of half-assing this kind of thing or carelessly leaving out things that can be done, speaking from 8 years of experience with Fractal stuff.

Have patience. No one’s really doing what FAS is doing. Think of it like this. We have our demand answered now, we get the box and the joy and so on, but in return we implicitly agree that we’re all beta testers. It takes all of us, a thousand different use cases, to figure out a lot of things: primarily what’s broken so they can fix it, what’s missing so they can add it, and (indirectly) how to prioritize development.

That’s software development cycle from the users’ standpoint in a nutshell. No software or firmware is ever truly done. The last time that was true was when games came on cartridges (for example). Once it was out the door, that was it, for better or worse.

Today, obviously, it’s different. The user becomes part of the process. If they don’t want to then they should obey the first rule of car buying and never buy the first model year of anything. In our case it’s when the thingamagadget is on software version 1.0.x.

Edit: also keep in mind that back in the day it was just Cliff writing code. Now he’s got help so that’s a lot more brain power solving problems, and more heads bumping and falling off toilets, generating epiphanies (OG’s know what I mean).

Back to the question.
Anyone know what iR’s are currently supported ? All, some ?

I don’t want to purchase stuff that might not load/work at this time.

Back
Top Bottom