FM3 and backing tracks

Fredlos120

Inspired
I'm moving from II XL to FM3. Used a rack with mixer and CD player for tracks before. What are other options with FM3? Appreciate

Hi Fredlos, you can use USB connection with MAC or Windows Laptop, or us a ligthning or USB "C" (Iphone / Ipad) to USB "B" FM3 USB connector to plug in. Dont forget to change Audio Device to FM3 if you are using Laptop. Best Michael

Hi Fredlos, you can use USB connection with MAC or Windows Laptop, or us a ligthning or USB "C" (Iphone / Ipad) to USB "B" FM3 USB connector to plug in. Dont forget to change Audio Device to FM3 if you are using Laptop. Best Michael
That will be quite the light load - FM3 and iPad?! Easy to adjust mix level? Thanks again

Hi, I am only using USB and Mac so that is really simple, just set the volume on whatever tool you are using accordingly to your needs (youtube or garage band, etc), My presets are ale gained with 0 dB so adjustemt is done once by Mac an on the other hand Out1 for over all volume of the mix. sure you can do this a lot more complex within fm3 but this is my aproach and it works fine for me. This is for Out1 XLR

I run my FM3 (and everything else I've used) into my Carvin H400 headphone amp, which has four channels and two independent stereo inputs. I run my CD player into one of the stereo inputs or into the Aux input, if I'm already using both stereo inputs, then mix the volumes using the CD player, the H400 or the FM3. You should be able to do something similar with your mixer.

Oh yeah, I do that now with the II XL - CD player and II L into QSC TouchMix 8, main outs to K10’s. Now I am in the process of switching to FM3 and smaller/lighter pa. So FM3, iPad, and pa sounds sweet

Oh yeah, I do that now with the II XL - CD player and II L into QSC TouchMix 8, main outs to K10’s. Now I am in the process of switching to FM3 and smaller/lighter pa. So FM3, iPad
I run my FM3 (and everything else I've used) into my Carvin H400 headphone amp, which has four channels and two independent stereo inputs. I run my CD player into one of the stereo inputs or into the Aux input, if I'm already using both stereo inputs, then mix the volumes using the CD player, the H400 or the FM3. You should be able to do something similar with your mixer.
Appreciate

Hi! Total noob here!
I don't have a laptop only an iPad. Can someone explain me how to use the FM3 with my device?
I'm guessing:
1.Using the usb adapter to connect FM3 to iPad's lightning port.
From here, how do I record of play a track to jam over?

Thanks?

I'm moving from II XL to FM3. Used a rack with mixer and CD player for tracks before. What are other options with FM3? Appreciate

I am running backing tracks off my Digitech XT Solo. Each track is a WAV file stored on a mini SD card. Have used it for a few years without an issue. Also checkout Band Helper, which can run on your phone\ipad

I see but I'm still unsure... To reproduce a backing track from the iPad or cellphone through the FM3, once I'm connected through the camera adaptor, what do I do?
What do I do on the iPad? Fx loop block?
I'm very confused about this 😰

I see but I'm still unsure... To reproduce a backing track from the iPad or cellphone through the FM3, once I'm connected through the camera adaptor, what do I do?
What do I do on the iPad? Fx loop block?
I'm very confused about this 😰

If you have garage band connected to the FM3 via USB, you would play the track in Garage Band, and it will come out of output 1 (main XLR outputs)

For computer less (mobile practicing or band session):
I like the option of using the input 2 (FX Return) for connecting my phone and feeding it to the signal chain right at the end and connecting it to output 1. Level can be adjusted on the input2 block as usual.

For computer less (mobile practicing or band session):
I like the option of using the input 2 (FX Return) for connecting my phone and feeding it to the signal chain right at the end and connecting it to output 1. Level can be adjusted on the input2 block as usual.
Sounds interesting. Not sure how to connect or set that up though. Any pics or screenshots? Thanks!

Hi! Total noob here!
I don't have a laptop only an iPad. Can someone explain me how to use the FM3 with my device?
I'm guessing:
1.Using the usb adapter to connect FM3 to iPad's lightning port.
From here, how do I record of play a track to jam over?
Thanks?
If you really have only an ipad available, no desktop or laptop, then I think you can't run the editor, or back up or update your FM3. Backing tracks are the least of your worries.

I'm not an Apple guy so I could be wrong, but that's my impression.

When I playback through iphone/ipad --> FM3 (using apple camerakit adapter), the ability to adjust volume from the backing track in iphone/ipad is blocked because the "master" device is FM3, you can adjust the volumen for USB-inputs in the FM3, but it that was a small surprise for me, since it is not as convenient. Just as a warning and if you find a way to allow iphone/ipad to adjust the volume then please share! :)

If you really have only an ipad available, no desktop or laptop, then I think you can't run the editor, or back up or update your FM3. Backing tracks are the least of your worries.

I'm not an Apple guy so I could be wrong, but that's my impression.

You can buy the FracPad and edit presets through that, but it is not the same as with the FM3 edit on computer. Backups and updates are out of reach without computer access (but you can borrow one on occasion of course if you don't want to get one)

Back
Top Bottom