FM3 (amp block removed) + Victory V4 tube Preamps

I did something similar with a Nirvana from Mezzabarba (but mostly i use it with a power amp from Mezzabarba and a loadbox), but i used the "tube pre" amp model after the preamp and it sounded great (although not as good as the tube amp in the loadbox) i really liked it.
For me, you "should" use the drive before the preamp.

I did something similar with a Nirvana from Mezzabarba (but mostly i use it with a power amp from Mezzabarba and a loadbox), but i used the "tube pre" amp model after the preamp and it sounded great (although not as good as the tube amp in the loadbox) i really liked it.
For me, you "should" use the drive before the preamp.

I did put the Victory preamps in an FX Loop (so that the drive was before), and it didn't sound any better or any more effective. That somewhat surprised me.

I think the influence depends from how much and what kind of distortion the pedal applies (pedals like the bb preamp are preamp that you put in front of another preamp for example) but i will ever prefer gain pedals before the preamp (except for volume clean booster of course, and low gain pedals before "high gain" pedals)

Back
Top Bottom