FM3 5.00 Beta 2 USB Audio Routing

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
FM3 5.0 Beta 2 has been released.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-5-00-beta-2.181172/#post-2218871

It contains two new options under SETUP: I/O: Audio. These make it easier to route USB system audio — something that was previously not possible in a Windows environment without expensive 3rd party software. The options also allow players who use only the 1/4" Out 2 jacks of the FM3 to route backing tracks to these outputs without system-wide changes on the host computer.

Henceforth, when someone asks how they can route backing tracks to Out 2 using Windows System Audio or an application without output selection, the answer is:

"Set "USB 1/2 Playback Destination" to OUTPUT 2. Now, the default audio from your computer will be played back at Output 2 instead of Output 1."

A second new option expands the existing parameter USB 3/4 PLAYBACK DESTINATION with an option for OUTPUT 1. Together, these updates give the FM3 the same USB Audio "Output Mapping" capabilities as the Axe-Fx III and FM9.

Once the beta is vetted and officially released, I'll update the USB diagram in the manual as pasted below. I've underlined the two new options in red to make them clear here.

PS: Don't miss that these options are OR not AND!

FM3-USB-IO.png

Nice! Are these options by chance coming to the FM9 and the Axe III as well?

Edit: Nevermind. Brain fart. They're already there.

Every once in a while throw out a good old "going forward" if you want to give it that really creepy corporate feel.
Lol I hate that one. You can always remove that phrase without changing the meaning of the statement.

FM3 5.0 Beta 2 has been released.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-5-00-beta-2.181172/#post-2218871

It contains two new options under SETUP: I/O: Audio. These make it easier to route USB system audio — something that was previously not possible in a Windows environment without expensive 3rd party software. The options also allow players who use only the 1/4" Out 2 jacks of the FM3 to route backing tracks to these outputs without system-wide changes on the host computer.

Henceforth, when someone asks how they can route backing tracks to Out 2 using Windows System Audio or an application without output selection, the answer is:

"Set "USB 1/2 Playback Destination" to OUTPUT 2. Now, the default audio from your computer will be played back at Output 2 instead of Output 1."

A second new option expands the existing parameter USB 3/4 PLAYBACK DESTINATION with an option for OUTPUT 1. Together, these updates give the FM3 the same USB Audio "Output Mapping" capabilities as the Axe-Fx III and FM9.

Once the beta is vetted and officially released, I'll update the USB diagram in the manual as pasted below. I've underlined the two new options in red to make them clear here.

PS: Don't miss that these options are OR not AND!

View attachment 95821
Is possible to make something like this with the phone as a music player instead the computer?

Every once in a while throw out a good old "going forward" if you want to give it that really creepy corporate feel.
And throw in a "robust" when describing updates or proposed update. Example..."FAS, after a Powerpoint w/deli tray meeting are proposing a "Robust" update. We will be "teeing up" and "rolling out" this "industry leap forward" in the near future!"

And throw in a "robust" when describing updates or proposed update. Example..."FAS, after a Powerpoint w/deli tray meeting are proposing a "Robust" update. We will be "teeing up" and "rolling out" this "industry leap forward" in the near future!"
“Bleeding edge”

A good "methinks" doesn't go astray every once in a while ...
iu

Darn! I was hoping to be able to just plug an iPad into the USB and simply control the level with the Output 2 knob and henceforth, heretofore notwithstanding, eliminate the need for a mixer when playing with backing tracks. :confused: (Please be gentle with me - that pic is from the 70's.)

Back
Top Bottom