FM3 4CM with modelers?

Jesuis_lm

Hi guys I just received my FM3 and I sold my AX8 but now I have a problem, I use my Mesa TC50 with the AX8 via 4CM and I was able to changes my TC50 Channels and also add two news pre amps to my mesa TC50 from the AX8 using X and Y, in order to do this I have the fxloop block parallel to the amp block and I could turn on or off one or the other or simple I can have both active and create a new tone mixing my amp channel with the AX8 amp block, I have been trying to do this but I cannot figure out, maybe some of you guys know how I can use the amp block and the send out in the same patch and turn off or on the send and return in the FM3? this is really bad because I was thinking that I can reproduce the same patch in the AX8 in my new FM3 but I cannot do it.

1606757905624.png

I'm not sure I followed all your words, but the section of the FM3 manual titled FOUR-CABLE METHOD (“4CM”) should have you covered. It's on page 36.

I know how to connect the 4cm but the problem that I have is add also the fm3 preamp to the 3 channels that my tube amp has

Use Output 2 (as send) and Input 2 (as return).

Adjust the Level in those blocks as needed as well as the Output 2 knob.

Bypass either one to bypass your external amp.

I know how to connect the 4cm but the problem that I have is add also the fm3 preamp to the 3 channels that my tube amp has
Run it in parallel with your Out2/In2 chain, just as you ran it in parallel wth the FX loop in your AX8.

Let me restate it. You use FXLoop, say X is on Y is off. So you add real amp in parallel.
In the FM3 you can use output/input2 (or 3 or 4), and use 2 of the four channel (instead of X/Y) to activate or bypass the loop. See page 6 of the FAS block guide for details.

Hi guys I just received my FM3 and I sold my AX8 but now I have a problem, I use my Mesa TC50 with the AX8 via 4CM and I was able to changes my TC50 Channels and also add two news pre amps to my mesa TC50 from the AX8 using X and Y, in order to do this I have the fxloop block parallel to the amp block and I could turn on or off one or the other or simple I can have both active and create a new tone mixing my amp channel with the AX8 amp block, I have been trying to do this but I cannot figure out, maybe some of you guys know how I can use the amp block and the send out in the same patch and turn off or on the send and return in the FM3? this is really bad because I was thinking that I can reproduce the same patch in the AX8 in my new FM3 but I cannot do it.

View attachment 75782

Did you manage to get this working?

Back
Top Bottom