Fm3 4cm whit mesa v25

Txumaker

Hi this is my first post I have an ax fx3 and an fm3 I want to use the fm3 with 4cm on a v25 boogie table for a specific musical project.
I do everything according to the manual and output 1 makes me clip and 2 does not, I look at the vu meter of output 2 and it's fine, and that of 1 clip even with the effects turned off, if low db the sound is not much more lower than the amp without effects. Another funny thing is that if I use only the effects loop and the guitar in the in of the amp it does not clip.Best regards!

Are you talking about the output clipping lights on the front panel? Have you tried turning down the level of the output 1 block?

Yes, it is the output led, if I turn the knob of out 1, it is clear that it does not clip, but the difference in volume is much compared to that of the amplifier without effects.

There might be a language barrier here and I might not understand exactly what the issue is but to me it sounds like you are running your channel volumes on the Mesa far too high and causing clipping - on my MKV (90) I run the channel volumes around the 9 o clock mark and they act as fx send levels on the Mesa’s - also make sure your loop level is set correctly on the back of the amp - there shouldn’t really be a need for it to be set anywhere else but at the 50% mark (where the indent on the pot is which you can feel when you turn it).

Also make sure the line levels are set correctly on the FM3 or my advice would be to use the Output2 method which will help with Unity Gain - search the forum for a post from a user called Bakerman who provides a diagram and explanation as to how to set it up.

Last edited:
Turn the output 1 knob on down to about half.

Turn the output 2 knob all the way up.

Turn the level down on the output 1 block until the clipping light on the front panel is barely flickering when you strum hard.

Turn the output 1 knob up until you get the volume you want.

Back
Top Bottom