FM Speculation thread!

An effects only version of the FM3 to replace the FX8, with Bluetooth, so you can edit from your smartphone on the fly. šŸ˜Ž

I'd still like to see something like this. I know, lots of people say it's a bad idea to have built in pedals, but wasn't the Vox Tonelab SE one of the most-liked floor processors ever? Was it plagued with pedal issues? I don't remember. Anyways, still love the idea!

View attachment 66249
šŸ˜‹šŸ˜±šŸ¤—
Now thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about. Even with one expression pedal and Iā€™m fine. Iā€™m drolling over this. Please Fractal, just make one

I predicted an FM9 (with more CPU) in an FC-12 chassis maybe a year ago.
Likewise... but I was more hoping vs. claiming a prediction. FAS hinted at possible floor units using the FC6 & FC12 chassis a while back, and now we're halfway there. Now that the guts of the Axe III are over 2 years old you'd think they'd be able to fit comparable horsepower into the larger FC12 chassis by now. Whether I needed it or not, I'm too much of a tech freak to buy something new that's half as powerful as the older Axe II...

If you look at the FAS product line:

Axe FX II (Discontinued) -> Axe FX III (Ares)
AX8 (Discontinued) -> FM3 (Ares)
FX8 (Discontinued) -> ???

Question is whether FAS is still committed to an Effects Only device. If they are, pretty easy to see where the hole in the ares platform would be.

The other consideration is in response to someone asking if it was time for profiling in the Axe FX. Cliff stated: ā€œI have something better, waiting on patentā€.

If they are, pretty easy to see where the hole in the ares platform would be.
Except that Ares is the amp modeling platform... And the FX8 has no amp modeling. ;)

But that's nitpicking and I think the idea is logical.

It wouldn't surprise me to see an effects only plus relay switching version of the FM3.

my guess goes in the opposite direction - something the size and weight of a paperback. Effects and amp modeling. Only one of each block type, one instrument in, one headphone jack, USB, Bluetooth, 1/4ā€ left and right Out 1 and thatā€™s it. All the controls via device (phone, tablet, PC or Mac). Processors and flash memory. Annihilate the rest of the market in one decisive cut to the common carotid. The mogari-bue...
02.jpg

Last edited:
Hm. Just found this thread. Sure would be nice to have a full power floor modeler. Oh well. ā€œMaybe someday.ā€

I still like the modularity of this unit and I think that is what makes it so great! That doesn't mean a different version wouldn't be a great idea. Makes me wish I had the extra cash as I would mash up an Axe FX III with an FC-12! I think the outcome would be nothing short of perfect!

Back
Top Bottom